Used beekeeping equipment for sale

Message has been deleted

alexinmadison

Mar 24, 2015, 7:06:14 PM3/24/15
to mad...@googlegroups.com
My gardening club is interested in adding a hive and this would be a good way to enter the hobby with lower expense. I'm meeting with them tomorrow and will propose it then let you know.

Thanks so much for posting.

Gourlie, Michael

Mar 24, 2015, 7:25:16 PM3/24/15
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Just a word of caution -- please conduct an online search regarding the purchase of used beekeeping equipment before doing so. Many caution that such purchase can cause the unintentional spread of disease, pests and viruses. In some states it is illegal for that reason. If purchasing used equipment, there are sites that offer suggestions on how to lessen the chance of spreading disease, pests and viruses.

My recommendation would be that if you are purchasing used equipment to save money, please make sure you are fully aware of the warnings, precautions and recommendations.