Bee Packages Available - May 18th!

jeanne hansen

May 6, 2015, 12:15:42 PM5/6/15
to mad...@googlegroups.com
See the message below for packages.

Thanks!
Jeanne Hansen

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Jenny Everett <jeve...@kelleybees.com>
To: Jenny Everett <jeve...@kelleybees.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:39 AM
Subject: Bee Packages Available - May 18th!

Dear Association Leaders,

At Kelley Beekeeping, we’ve been able to secure one last additional supply of #3 Package Bees with a Marked Italian Queen for SHIPMENT ONLY on Monday, May 18th.  We thought this might be of interest to forward to your membership – they typically sell out in 8 hours.  If you could forward the link below, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your help and Happy Beekeeping!

#3 Package Bees with Marked Italian Queen (SHIPMENT ONLY)

Model #: /B518-IM

PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION THAT FOLLOWS CAREFULLY BEFORE ORDERING: Available for US MAIL SHIPMENT ONLY Monday May 18th.  The packages will ship on May 18th, your actual delivery date will vary based on your location.  These packages are a #3 package of bees with a Marked Italian Queen. Shipping charges are applied during processing according to zone and number of packages. All bee packages are shipped through US Priority Mail and are insured in Zones 1-4. Zone 5 shipments are uninsured and shipped at the customer's own risk.  We do not ship to Zone 6 and Zone 7. THERE IS A $5.50 CHARGE FOR ORDER CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS. Click here for Installation Instructions & our Policies on package bees.

IMPORTANT: You must determine the shipping zone you are in. Use the first three digits of your zip code. Click Zone Chart  to find your zone.
CHOOSE THE NUMBER OF PACKAGES YOU WANT IN THE DROP DOWN BOX. Remember the maximum number of packages in a shipment is 4. Any questions, please contact bee...@kelleybees.com.  But please remember to order online only at https://www.kelleybees.com/Shop/19/Queens-Bees/Package-Bees-Queens/4851/3-Package-Bees-with-Marked-Italian-Queen-(SHIPMENT-ONLY)

Please Check out our installation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHflUXyTJ44

kac...@gmail.com

May 6, 2015, 1:39:47 PM5/6/15
to 'jeanne hansen' via madbees
?

Kathy Kruk

On May 6, 2015, at 11:12 AM, "'jeanne hansen' via madbees" <mad...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

This message has no content.

sbjoh...@aol.com

May 6, 2015, 6:49:19 PM5/6/15
to mad...@googlegroups.com

I received the package I mail-ordered from Kelley Bees at the post office this morning -seemed to be in good condition.  I hived them at lunchtime - went smoothly.  The bees were very interested in the hive, dove right in, and within a few minutes all the stragglers had moved from the package cage to the hive.  Within the half hour they were orienting themselves out front and taking off on explorations.   I placed the queen still in her cage down in the hive as there were a lot of bees seemingly frantic to get at her on the outside of her cage - I figured they hadn't quite accepted her yet.  I'll let her out in a couple days.

I had a small audience of neighbors watching the process so I took the opportunity to explain what was happening.  It is nice to have the friendly support.

It is fascinating that the bees can tolerate being mailed from one town to another, then kept in a car for a couple hours, but even with all that disruption when they are unceremoniously dumped into a hive they know exactly how to get on with business.

Steve

sbjoh...@aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.