Half over winter

Paul Zelenski

Sep 29, 2015, 10:46:07 AM9/29/15
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Dale,
When you say you keep half over winter, what do you do with the others? Do you combine them to have stronger hives. Do you kill them (like Craig)? Do you simply let the weak ones die on their own?
Im curious about the 'efficiencies' of keeping bees. This year I spent way too much effort trying to combine and requeen some of my weak hives. I still don't like their chances and put a lot of effort into them that I could have spent on the stronger hives.

Thanks,
Paul

On Sep 29, 2015, at 9:06 AM, 'Dale Marsden' via madbees <mad...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

HI Rich,
This is great, I'd love to try these out on several hives this winter. A good trial with several hives should help to dertermine if the data provided can help understand what condition the hive is in.  If the price is right I'll be glad to buys into this and give you some feedback.  I run 50 hives a year and keep about half over winter.

Dale
Marsden's pure Honey LLC
McFarland