May Meeting

Zac Alexander

Apr 11, 2018, 11:24:04 AM4/11/18
to madbees
I've reserved a space for Tuesday, May 1st at Goodman South Madison Library at
2222 S. Park St. We have the room from 6:00pm - 7:45pm. There is someone in the room before us, so we won't be able to get in until 6. Would someone add this to the website?

I'll also reserve a space for the next couple of months. It seems like stuff fills up fast. If there are preferences on location, let me know in the next day or so.

BETSY TRUE

Apr 11, 2018, 11:28:42 AM4/11/18
to mad...@googlegroups.com
West siders would appreciate the use of Middleton library.

I've reserved a space for Tuesday, May 1st at Goodman South Madison Library at
2222 S. Park St. We have the room from 6:00pm - 7:45pm. There is someone in the room before us, so we won't be able to get in until 6. Would someone add this to the website?

I'll also reserve a space for the next couple of months. It seems like stuff fills up fast. If there are preferences on location, let me know in the next day or so.

Randy Deering

Apr 11, 2018, 11:37:12 AM4/11/18
to mad...@googlegroups.com
East siders would appreciate the use of Pinney Library. But I can make it if it’s more centrally located.
--
Sent from Randy's IPhone

BETSY TRUE

Apr 11, 2018, 11:46:11 AM4/11/18
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Sequoia has a large room but I don’t know what their hours are for evenings.

Do they close at 8pm? Our meetings usually go until 8:30 or longer, but we can be done by 7:45 if we need to.

Zac Alexander

Apr 11, 2018, 12:04:41 PM4/11/18
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Yah, unfortunatly they close at 8. Pinney and Fitchburg were booked out. I'm not a member of UW, otherwise we could try one of the campus libraries

Paul Zelenski

Apr 11, 2018, 1:18:46 PM4/11/18
to mad...@googlegroups.com

No worries, a bit of a shorter meeting is better than no meeting at all. And this can get things sorted out so that we can start having regular meetings again.

Yah, unfortunatly they close at 8. Pinney and Fitchburg were booked out. I'm not a member of UW, otherwise we could try one of the campus libraries

Paul Zelenski

Apr 11, 2018, 1:19:29 PM4/11/18
to mad...@googlegroups.com

I would propose that this meeting discuss what people want out of meetings. This can help organize and plan for the future. That way we can plan meetings that are the type of things people want to attend.

Apr 11, 2018, 2:50:00 PM4/11/18
to zalexa...@gmail.com, mad...@googlegroups.com
No thanks to the campus library because it can be difficult to find parking close by.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid

Steve Bradley

Apr 15, 2018, 6:03:04 PM4/15/18
to madbees
Zac,

The South Madison Library is OK for me. However, the Fitchburg Library has much better meeting facilities and parking. That would be my vote.

Steve Bradley

Drew

Apr 16, 2018, 1:59:16 AM4/16/18
to madbees
Fitchburg library is much nicer and would be my preference.

Zac Alexander

Apr 20, 2018, 8:30:25 AM4/20/18
to madbees
I book out spaces for June and July.

June: Tuesday, June 5th 6pm-8pm, Goodman South Library on Park Street - There's some in before us, and we have to be out by 8. Let's plan on starting promptly.
July: Tuesday, July 3 6:30pm - 9pm, Fitchburg Library on Lacy Road - We have the room from 6-9, so feel free to show up early if you want to help set up.

Sorry for the jumping around - everything is pretty book out the next couple of months. Fitchburg seems like the general preference. I'll try to book there going forward.

Brad Krantz

Apr 20, 2018, 1:12:23 PM4/20/18
to mad...@googlegroups.com

If you are looking for space for a meeting, Lucky’s on regent has a room for civic groups

Thanks

Brad Krantz

U W Provision Co

Middleton WI

Apr 20, 2018, 3:09:10 PM4/20/18
to mad...@googlegroups.com

Sounds good, Zak. Thanks!

I do personally like the Fitchburg library because the space is great and parking is easy too. But, I also come from South of Madison, so might be biased. It also needs to be reserved quickly since it fills up fast.

During the summer months, we might also want to have meetings in someone’s bee yard, but we can discuss that more at the May meeting.

I think I updated the calendar to include these meetings, but if it doesn’t show up on the website in a day or two, we can look into it further.

Apr 30, 2018, 10:27:29 PM4/30/18
to madbees
Just a reminder that our May meeting is tomorrow 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at Goodman South Madison Library, 2222 S Park St. Hope to see you all there!