Hands on bee class

Mary Celley

Feb 4, 2018, 2:39:14 PM2/4/18
to madbees
I'm setting up a hands on bee class at my farm in my bee yard this spring.  It will consists of going through hives and getting a total understanding of the hive and its inhabitants.  I will teach you how to find eggs, the queen, and make splits.  Whatever people feel they need help in we can do that too.  It will be about 4 hours I will provide burgers on the grill, soda, and if you want beer bring your own.  Price will be $65.00 per person.  I can teach you a lot in four hours and make your beekeeping adventure successful.  I also will have bee supplies for sale if you need any.   I am also selling drawn comb to all the new people who are buying bees from me.   At some point I may run out, so if you need some best to let me know.  If interested in class you can email me at a bech...@aol.com or call me at 6089-575-2449.  Check your bees after this cold spell, unfortunately, many are not making it.  I am still taking orders but, best to get on board sooner than later.  Mary

Mary Goonan

Feb 14, 2018, 5:00:43 PM2/14/18
to madbees
When would the class be Mary?

Mary Celley

Feb 14, 2018, 8:38:03 PM2/14/18
to madbees
Well, I'm getting so many people that I have to have a few dates.  Once the bees start bringing in pollen and the weather is nice I will start.  That usually is mid April.  It is weather dependent.  Horses have not started to shed yet so spring is a bit away yet.  I want it to be a nice day so everyone including the bees are enjoying the experience.