SonnyBeesHoneyFarm.com Packages

jeanne hansen

May 5, 2015, 12:24:22 PM5/5/15
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I got my packages this year from Sonny Reeder.  The 3 pound packages actually had more than 3 lbs of bees in them.  The queens were fat and happy, and all the hives already have multiple frames of capped workers.  Thanks, Sonny, for the great bees.

Thanks!
Jeanne Hansen
824 Jacobson Ave
Madison, WI 53714
608-244-5094

Matthew Hennek

May 5, 2015, 1:06:59 PM5/5/15
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Hey jeane,

Did you drive all the way up to eagle river? That's quite a haul for California packaged bees I'm not critiquing cali bees, just saying that it's a long way for something that can be had other places. If they were northern Wisconsin bees, I might make the long trek just to get the winter hardy genetics.

What made you go with them versus other package resellers?

See you tonight!

jeanne hansen

May 5, 2015, 1:54:57 PM5/5/15
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Sonny is located in Eagle River, yes.  But he drives his own truck to northern California to get the bees.  The only way from California back to Northern Wisconsin is on the highways that lead through Madison.  Sonny makes a stop in Madison, meaning I hardly have to drive at all to get nice, fresh bees.  Very few dead ones on the bottom of the packages.  It is really convenient.

Thanks!
Jeanne Hansen
824 Jacobson Ave
Madison, WI 53714
608-244-5094

May 5, 2015, 6:25:10 PM5/5/15
to mad...@googlegroups.com
That makes sense then. Very cool. Good to know.