Locust Honey Price

Paul Zelenski

Jun 22, 2016, 11:38:49 PM6/22/16
to 'Dale Marsden' via madbees
I finally got a bucket of Black locust honey this year. It's a beautifully light yellow and tasty. I was wondering, though, do people charge extra for the single source and somewhat rarer honies? Or do you just price them the same and only have them until you run out? I guess I don't know if people even prefer these to the more well known honies like clover.

Mary Celley

Jun 23, 2016, 7:53:16 AM6/23/16
to madbees
I get $12.00 a lb.  Not giving that beautiful honey away. I've been selling it for two weeks now.  This weekend will be my third.  The flow is amazing this year.  Mary

Greg V

Jun 23, 2016, 10:35:45 PM6/23/16
to madbees
So, yes, Paul.
Like I said today while picking up my stuff - bump that price up; maybe make a fancier sticker, and make the point of selling a specialty honey from your locality.
Since I already got my bottle, I am cool with that!

Google about the specialty honey.
Even here: http://www.russiantable.com/store/depts.asp?dept%5Fid=29
They routinely charge $12-$20 for 500g (about 18 ounces).
They do sell specialty imported honey types (buckwheat, basswood, etc; also from some localities that have high reputation for special honey).

I would stay as far as possible from the "clover honey" term which is, basically, no-name generic cheap honey sold by any grocery store as it stand today.

James

Jun 24, 2016, 12:51:13 AM6/24/16
to madbees
Get real here folks.  Ya, black locust is blooming.  So is, basswood.  And alfalfa.  And clover.  And blackberries.  And a lot of noxious weeds.  Ad nauseum.  Your honey is a mutt of a lot of wonderful things.  Why resort to cheesy marketing?

Greg V

Jun 24, 2016, 9:29:02 AM6/24/16
to madbees
Well, cheesy or not - all in beekeeping is local as we know (including honey).
That often makes difference and should be noted.
Else, I might as well buy cheap "clover honey" from Walmart; OR cheap "organic honey" from Brazil by Roundys.
What is the difference?

Mono-source honey is also a reality (no one said it is 100% mono; but 90%-95% mono - totally). Also makes a difference and could/should be noted.
I personally always will pay extra for buckwheat honey.
Why no one locally carries buckwheat honey?
If I am wrong - show me.

Paul Zelenski

Jun 24, 2016, 9:33:20 AM6/24/16
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Locust is not blooming. It blooms for a few days or a week. It is a very distinctive color and flavor. Bees also are well-known to focus on the strongest nectar source at a given time. The honey I extracted as locust is from supers I put on the day locust started blooming and took off immediately after. I have plenty of other supers with locust in them that weren't capped and will end up in the mixed wildflower honey. It will be a large contributor to the light spring honey. It's not cheesy marketing when the honey is this distinct.
I'll say, to me it is not my favorite honey. I prefer the more bold flavored honeys. But, since I only have one bucket and some people prefer it, I'll charge slightly more. It has also been great for getting people's attention and for letting people compare flavors of honey and realize how distinct they can be. I don't know how many people yesterday told me how surprised they were at how different the flavor could be. It's a great way to encourage people to be more selective in their honey purchases.

On Jun 23, 2016, at 11:51 PM, James <hendri...@gmail.com> wrote:

Get real here folks.  Ya, black locust is blooming.  So is, basswood.  And alfalfa.  And clover.  And blackberries.  And a lot of noxious weeds.  Ad nauseum.  Your honey is a mutt of a lot of wonderful things.  Why resort to cheesy marketing?

Paul Zelenski

Jun 24, 2016, 9:46:40 AM6/24/16
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I think there aren't that many people growing buckwheat. I also think that most consumers aren't very interested in buckwheat honey. I think traditional wisdom is that the lighter honeys are 'better'. I feel like someone here had bees on a buckwheat field, though.
I would like to get more of the darker fall honies. Maybe I'll save some capped frames and hold off feeding a few hives to try to harvest some honey in the late fall. It is nice to have a variety of honey, even if a mix of everything is delicious.

Greg V

Jun 24, 2016, 9:50:41 AM6/24/16
to madbees
Exactly!

Otherwise, honey is just as mix of fructose and glucose.
Just sugar - to put bluntly.
So why not just switch to $1/pound cheap sugar from Walmart and be done with this honey thing?
Sounds a very reasonable thing to do for my pocket.

Yes - I am being sarcastic. :0)
Happy Friday!

On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 8:33:20 AM UTC-5, Paul Zelenski wrote:
....... many people yesterday told me how surprised they were at how different the flavor could be. .......

Greg V

Jun 24, 2016, 10:01:21 AM6/24/16
to madbees
At least in US it seems so. Too bad.

Anyhow, before I buy more buckwheat honey by Dutch Clover at Woodman's I will give someone local a chance to sell me the same.
Also, the buckwheat groat is a super food that is making a come back now (good thing).
Also buckwheat is a great ground cover and low maintenance crop.
And the buckwheat honey is to die for (as in my book).
Someone better start on this soon.

On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 8:46:40 AM UTC-5, Paul Zelenski wrote:
....I think traditional wisdom is that the lighter honeys are 'better'.

Paul Zelenski

Jun 24, 2016, 10:06:21 AM6/24/16
to mad...@googlegroups.com
If you find me a field of buckwheat, I'll be happy to put my bees there ;)
(With permission of course)

Greg V

Jun 24, 2016, 10:13:19 AM6/24/16
to madbees
Just as soon as I have access to few acres myself I will do so!
To see the green desert comprised of corn and soy - some pain.

If things go well with my current land owner, I will suggest to him to try some buckwheat (not this year, unfortunately).

Albert Gunther

Jun 24, 2016, 10:13:49 AM6/24/16
to mad...@googlegroups.com
On this distinctive-varieties topic: years ago (way before I had bees) I spent a semester in New Zealand and I remember an amazing variety of types of honey there. In particular was Manuka honey -- especially oily and dark, with a strong, earthy smell.  Came from some tree.  Here's a wikipedia link (note they say the pollen samples should be 70% Manuka to qualify):

--
Albert C. Gunther, Professor
School of Journalism and Mass Communication

jeanne hansen

Jun 24, 2016, 12:16:29 PM6/24/16
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Paul, you said,
"I don't know how many people yesterday told me how surprised they were at how different the flavor could be"

What is going on?  Speak!  Are you selling at a market?  Give us the details!!

Thanks!
Jeanne Hansen
824 Jacobson Ave
Madison, WI 53714
608-244-5094

Jun 24, 2016, 12:23:58 PM6/24/16
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I'm selling st a small market (half a dozen vendors) at the UW Hospital on Thur afternoons.  I've had samples every week, but the super light locust honey finally got people curious enough to try samples. It was great to chat more with people about the differences of honey flavors.

Greg V

Jun 24, 2016, 12:33:08 PM6/24/16
to madbees, jeanniea...@yahoo.com
Buckwheat is a traditional late bloomer (august give/take).
The traditional bloom time is probably the best time when it fits well in the general nectar sourcing.
Buckwheat very well may loose the competition to other sources when those are around (bees are very opportunistic when it comes to bang vs. buck, so.........).

As far as we eat less?
In my house buckwheat kasha and kefir are staples.
But who here even knows of these inconvenient foods?
:0)

This is a part of my talk about "monopolistic" messaging centered on immediate convenience/reward system (which I must stop right now).

Greg V

Jun 24, 2016, 1:13:23 PM6/24/16
to madbees, jeanniea...@yahoo.com
According to these sources:

http://honeybeenet.gsfc.nasa.gov/Honeybees/ForageRegion.php?StReg=WI_10
http://honeybeenet.gsfc.nasa.gov/Honeybees/ForageRegion.php?StReg=IL_10

it maybe be best, indeed, to target the buckwheat bloom for, say, early August to avoid strong competition from basswood/locust and others in June/July and then Goldenrod in September.
Pretty much need to be smart about planting the bee pasture plants not to waste the time/effort for nothing.
Depends on the locality as well, of course.

Mary Celley

Jun 24, 2016, 2:09:10 PM6/24/16
to madbees
James, I really beg to differ.  I too, put on supers when black locust WAS blooming.  It happens at the end of may and goes for 6 to 7 days.  And, yes, it is very distinctive.  People love it.  It has a distinctive color, flavor and aroma.   Basswood is about to bust open as Bull Thistle is in full bloom now.  Which also as distinctive colors and flavors.  I think I am very real and maybe you need a lesson in honey and timing of blooming plants.  I guess you ruffled my feathers with your comment.  Mary

BETSY TRUE

Jun 24, 2016, 3:05:46 PM6/24/16
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Buckwheat only takes about 30 days to grow to blossom, there's still time. How about a late summer crop for that dearth?
Ask rich Schneider, he's grown buckwheat.

Sent from my iPad

James

Jun 24, 2016, 5:03:50 PM6/24/16
to madbees
Sorry, but in Wisconsin, there are very few crops grown in such large acreage and isolation that you can really say a honey is mono-source.  There's seaonal differences, but without some really high tech analysis that probably doesn't exist, you can't assert that a honey is mono-source.  But then, mono-source is about as well defined as the terms organic, free range, natural, etc.  It's all marketing.  And it works.  I couldn't in good faith increase my prices that way, but others?...

Matthew Hennek

Jun 24, 2016, 5:23:48 PM6/24/16
to madbees
I planted buckwheat last year and again this year.  Maybe a 400ftx50ft plot of it.  You can buy a big bag of seed (like 50 lbs) from Oregon Farm Center for ~$70 i think.

I primarily use it to establish new garden beds the year before I want to plant in them as it does a good job as a cover crop and green manure, shading out the weeds.  I till it in before it goes to seed.

The bees worked it, but I did not get any noticeably darker "buckwheat" honey; probably because the plot wasn't large enough to really amount to anything.

Manuka honey is very interesting.  It has an almost medicinal taste to it.

Paul: put a high price.  If it doesn't sell, lower it.  One thing it seems is that people always seem to run out of honey later in the year...so keep your prices up a bit so you don't run out so quickly.  Just my 2c...

Luke N.

Jun 24, 2016, 6:24:33 PM6/24/16
to mad...@googlegroups.com
At the farmers market at the DMV on the west side there is a beekeeper that sells single source honey.  It didn't seem more expensive than honey at the other stand.  He had several varieties and they all a distinct flavor.  Pumpkin honey was my favorite.  I asked the beekeeper how he could be certain it was pumpkin honey as I was skeptical.  His hives were in the middle of 400 acres of pumpkins.  I think that would about do it.  Even if the bees add a bit of something else to what is essentially a monocrop honey it doesn't change the flavor.  I would buy it time and again it always had that distinct flavor.

Michael Gourlie

Jun 24, 2016, 7:01:19 PM6/24/16
to mad...@googlegroups.com
My 2 cents worth -- raw, artisanal honey should be sold at whatever the market will bear.  If certain favors will sell at a higher price, no one should feel guilty selling them at that price.  Larry L. has long made the argument that local beekeepers way undercharge for their honey and he generally has a good point.

A good case in point -- go into either of the Willy St. Co-ops and take a look at the honey Nathan Clarke sells at $16 per pound.  He has done a superb job marketing raw, artisanal honey to the 'natural' crowd, but his honey is no better than yours or mine.

If you really want to find out how underpriced your honey is, keep in mind that the US imports over 60 percent of the honey that is consumed in this country.  If you do your research, you will find out how much laundering there is of honey coming into the country that you never really know exactly what you are getting for that 60 percent and what it has been cut with.  And, if you think about the US commercial honey that is pasteurized (excessively heated over long periods of time) and/or micro-filtered where there is virtually no pollen content, much of what sells as honey in the US is NOT the fine artisanal product put out by hobbyist beekeepers.

A hobbyist beekeeper that that does not heat and only strains (as opposed to filtering) his/her honey and only uses natural substances to treat should never feel guilty about the price s/he is able to get for his/her honey.  And, Wisconsin honey produces some of the best tasting honey in the country.

Final verdict -- those that have stuck with me to this point are the ones who are producing absolutely the best honey that money can buy and should never feel guilty taking what the market will bear.

Mike

Sent from my iPad

James

Jun 24, 2016, 7:37:12 PM6/24/16
to madbees
I've been chewed out for the low price I charge.  But then, I focus on keeping my costs low.  I never buy bees, or equipment.  Beekeeping suppliesw are priced at a premium, so I avoid them altogether.  I also don't bother with farmer markets.  Time is valuable, so I strive to keep labor down as well.  One ad in the paper, and sometimes not even that.  And I sell out quickly each year.  I know an awful lot of hobbyists who get stuck with so much honey they have to wholesale it.  My attitude is produce a crop, sell it and move on.

lin...@tds.net

Jun 24, 2016, 7:54:06 PM6/24/16
to mad...@googlegroups.com
A beekeeper who is able to keep the bees alive is fortunate. A lot of costs overhead facility are possibly not being fully recognized in your pricing.  Does an operation like yours pay income taxes, self employment tax, vehicle insurance, buy new containers, carry insurance, do you have honey available year around. Charge a full rate per hour for time.  I suspect the full costs are not fully recognized in your complete operation.

Jun 24, 2016, 11:30:36 PM6/24/16
to madbees, lin...@tds.net
I have a business model that makes a profit.  I'm pleased with that.  But lets face reality:  A lot of folks are trying (and some succeeding) at selling a commodity that is being produced in surplus.  And more and more people are learning the art (which is good), unless you're a competing producer.  So pretty soon here, the market is going to collapse. And the "artisan" honey you're selling at farmers markets at a premium price can already be bought at a discount in rural Wisconsin.  And bakers and brewers are figuring this out.  Local honey isn't really that unique anymore.  And production costs are skyrocketing.  So how long do you think the gravy train will roll?

Dan Curran

Jun 25, 2016, 9:18:30 AM6/25/16
to madbees, lin...@tds.net
James--That's great that you have a business model that is profitable. So do I. In some ways due to the same factors that you cite--keeping costs down (I buy equipment in bulk and assemble, and work diligently to overwinter bees). But to argue that our local artisan market is collapsing and that we should all write to our local paper to sell our honey as cheaply as possible just does not fit with what I have observed in selling honey for the last 10+ years. I have posted in the paper--one 80 year old woman bought a 2lb jar of honey. On the other hand, I sell at local markets where people are constantly seeking out specialty honeys. While I don't sell monosource honey since I only have time to extract once/year, it would be a huge advantage. On the other hand, I sell a variety of other products such as cut comb, chunk honey, creamed honey, etc.--these generally outsell the generic honey since people are looking for new tastes and experiences. That's great that you have found something that works; I just don't understand your purpose in trying to argue against the original intent of this post which was how to market more effectively. I completely agree with Michael and Larry's responses to the matter.

Dan

Clark, Glenn

Jun 25, 2016, 9:05:35 PM6/25/16
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I like your your thinking!

Sent from my iPhone

capitalb...@tds.net

Jun 25, 2016, 10:42:24 PM6/25/16
to madbees
Yes and we will be putting in about 40 acres more or less for our bees very soon, probably July 1 or so as long as the weather holds...it starts to bloom around 6 weeks after planting and is full bloom around 7 weeks. We'll see about our timing this year...those fields were solid with dandelion blooms early on and then alsike clover bloomed and if I had an equipment operator available and our our heavy no till drill in shape we would have run the buckwheat in this week that just ended right into the clover. If we get time this fall and can get some people hired for other positions I'm contemplating planting fall canola in behind it which would bloom next spring around mid May but we are swamped and if we don't get fall canola we will hope to plant spring canola which would bloom about mid June then rotate those fields to winter wheat. It is an experiment for if we hit dry weather end of July and August it will be a bust in terms of seed production and I suspect nectar production as well. It seems about 1 year of every 5 buckwheat just doesn't grow well...can go from 1800lb to 2200lb of seed to the acre in a good year to less than 300lb to the acre in a bad year....
Rich

BETSY TRUE

Jun 25, 2016, 11:30:12 PM6/25/16
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Ok, so it must be 30 days for enough to till in as a cover crop then.

Sent from my iPad

capitalb...@tds.net

Jun 25, 2016, 11:37:05 PM6/25/16
to madbees, lin...@tds.net
Bakers and brewers are a different market in that most of them don't buy high priced honey (doesn't matter when privately owned or public owned facilities such as Dane County, MMSD, and State of Wisconsin food facilities). They like local until it comes to getting out their checkbook, then local becomes a secondary issue or is dropped completely. They buy $1.70 to $2.00/lb honey or less. The bakers and brewers that pay a premium for "local honey" rarely will go more than $3.00 to $3.50/lb and then they cry about the price. Its the same issue in nearly every form of truly competitive market (and we struggle with it ourselves everyday in terms of material sourcing and I'm sure some of our suppliers say the same thing about us that we say about the bakers and brewers). I agree with Larry in that some producers don't really have an accurate computation of their cost of production because sometimes there just isn't a clear separation between the manpower, equipment, materials, and ancillary stuff that is allocated to honey production and what is allocated to their other endeavors...and that is true of many small to medium size agricultural producers who produce or grow commodities.

Matthew Hennek

Jun 26, 2016, 6:49:40 PM6/26/16
to madbees, lin...@tds.net
My plot of buckwheat planted may 15th started blooming this weekend. After its done blooming I'll till it in as green manure and plant it again.

On Saturday, June 25, 2016 at 10:37:05 PM UTC-5, capitalb...@tds.net wrote:
> Bakers and brewers are a different market in that most of them don't buy high priced honey (doesn't matter when privately owned or public owned facilities such as Dane County, MMSD, and State of Wisconsin food facilities). They like local until it comes to getting out their checkbook, then local becomes a secondary issue or is dropped completely. They buy $1.70 to $2.00/lb honey or less. The bakers and brewers that pay a premium for "local honey" rarely will go more than $3.00 to $3.50/lb and then they cry about the price. Its the same issue in nearly every form of truly competitive market (and we struggle with it ourselves everyday in terms of material sourcing and I'm sure some of our suppliers say the same thing about us that we say about the bakers and brewers). I agree with Larry in that some producers don't really have an accurate computation of their cost of production because sometimes there just isn't a clear separation between the manpower, equipment, materials, and ancillary stuff that is allocated to honey production and what is allocated to their other endeavors...and that is true of many small to medium size agricultural producers who produce or grow commodities.
>
> On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 10:30:36 PM UTC-5, James wrote:
> I have a business model that makes a profit.  I'm pleased with that.  But lets face reality:  A lot of folks are trying (and some succeeding) at selling a commodity that is being produced in surplus.  And more and more people are learning the art (which is good), unless you're a competing producer.  So pretty soon here, the market is going to collapse. And the "artisan" honey you're selling at farmers markets at a premium price can already be bought at a discount in rural Wisconsin.  And bakers and brewers are figuring this out.  Local honey isn't really that unique anymore.  And production costs are skyrocketing.  So how long do you think the gravy train will roll?
>
> On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 6:54:06 PM UTC-5, lin...@tds.net wrote:
>

> A beekeeper who is able to keep the bees alive is fortunate. A lot of costs overhead facility are possibly not being fully recognized in your pricing.  Does an operation like yours pay income taxes, self employment tax, vehicle insurance, buy new containers, carry insurance, do you have honey available year around. Charge a full rate per hour for time.  I suspect the full costs are not fully recognized in your complete operation.

20160626_171619.jpg

James

Jun 27, 2016, 12:05:10 AM6/27/16
to madbees, lin...@tds.net
Well, there's the Madison market and then there's those of us that live in the real world.  But if you Google the "decline of farmers markets"  you'll see that the gravy train is on the down swing. Maybe I underestimate your market, but mine is based on value.  That''s what I give them.  And my cash flow is positive.  Good luck milking that cow.

Mary Celley

Jun 27, 2016, 7:51:47 AM6/27/16
to madbees
James, I will disagree with you once again.  I have record setting weekends every Sat. at the Dane County Farmer's Market.  For the occasional customer that does not buy my $12.00 1 lb  jar of honey never feed sugar water, never used chemicals in hives for past 30 yrs, to never heating my honey I have 500 people that will. I take great pride in what I produce for the customer.  The situation with Farmer's Markets now is that, there is one every day somewhere close.  I wish I could post a picture of my different honeys on this blog but don't know how to do it.  If you want to see the different colors of honey I produce go to Beecharmer-Beekeeper on Facebook.  I think you under estimate your value of honey, time, and effort.  Maybe, you are not in the real world?  No milking of cows here.  I'm producing what people want.  Chemical free, raw, pure HONEY!

Greg V

Jun 27, 2016, 9:23:13 AM6/27/16
to madbees
Chemical free raw foods must be priced higher because they cost more to produce.
That simple.
And these are real foods that should be the general trend (not a niche).

I will say more, in general terms..
The food in general in this county is grossly undervalued (by way of general manipulation - subsidies, large scale industrial production of surrogate "foods", etc, etc).
The real food costs (and should be priced more).
40% of food should not be thrown into trash.

When it comes to the question:
  why is it GregV grows potatoes on his own?
  this is dumb because the potatoes are cheap; right?
Or why bother with the backyard fruit production.Too much work; the store apples are cheap; right?

Well, the answer is that that the real, chem-free potatoes are not cheap.
Just factor the labor to manually pick the colorado beetles this year - this is what we do weekly (the beetles are really bad this year).
The other alternative - chemical.
Forget the real potatoes (or apples; or anything)...
We get it.
But this is way it is.
The real, good quality food is not cheap. No way.

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 6:51:47 AM UTC-5, Mary Celley wrote:
.......... I'm producing what people want.  Chemical free, raw, pure HONEY!

Matthew Hennek

Jun 27, 2016, 10:54:51 AM6/27/16
to madbees
"My attitude is produce a crop, sell it and move on."

And there's nothing wrong with that, but to assume that just because people like Mary and Paul and Dan and Dale get paid more per pound is solely because they live in Madison is just plain false.  They spend a ton of time and effort bottling, traveling, and sitting under tents for hours on end selling their product.  It takes a special kind of person to don a skep hat and talk to hundreds if not thousands of people for hours per day.  I'm only poking fun at Dale and his hat because it also illustrates another thing that he and others are good at; developing a customer base.  Source specific, or at least source concentrated, honey is a real thing. I've bought a couple different varieties from Dale and other beekeepers and they are darn good. Dale's dandelion honey is just divine.  People like Dale have been doing this for a long time and no matter what your google searches tell you, he'll sell less when he decides to slow down not because people will all of a sudden stop going to farmers markets.  That or when we all receive soylent green food rations.... :-)

At the end of the day, if one accounts for their time spent, James may be getting paid more per hour than someone like Mary/Paul/Dan/Dale.  It's hard to say.

~matt

Greg V

Jun 27, 2016, 10:57:57 AM6/27/16
to madbees
Hi, Rich!
So you will have some buckwheat honey?
Where do you sell if I want to buy some?
Thanks

Richard / Stacy Schneider

Jun 27, 2016, 8:44:52 PM6/27/16
to mad...@googlegroups.com
If we get lucky and get some buckwheat honey this year we'll let you know...it probably won't be for 10 weeks (end of August likely) till we know for sure....

Capital Bee Supply, LLC
Manufacturers and Purveyors of Fine Beekeeping Equipment
www.capitalbeesupply.com
608-444-1493

Greg V

Jun 27, 2016, 8:52:37 PM6/27/16
to madbees
OK!

James

Jun 28, 2016, 2:18:40 AM6/28/16
to madbees
I like the inference that because my honey is cheaper, it's lower quality.  And my Amish neighbors are selling it even cheaper.  My honey is no different than yours.  Or anyone elses.  No chemicals. No heat.  No feeding.  No additives.  Different colors. Chemical free (as far as anyone can control that).  We're all doing it.  And my apiary is self-sustaining.  I'm not bringing in pests from out of state.  I'm producing the product, selling it to people who want it at a fair price, and producing it in the most environmentally favourable manner.  Ain't that the goal here?

Dan Curran

Jun 28, 2016, 6:53:05 AM6/28/16
to madbees
No, Mary said "I think you under estimate your value of honey". The inference that you should make here is that we all think that your honey is worth more than you do.

Dan

scott roberts

Jun 30, 2016, 11:50:44 AM6/30/16
to mad...@googlegroups.com

what is the price you have your honey at

Nov 21, 2016, 4:04:42 PM11/21/16
to madbees
So, is there any buckwheat honey this year?

capitalb...@tds.net

Nov 23, 2016, 10:53:01 PM11/23/16
to madbees
We decided not to harvest any of the later honey this year, which was our buckwheat, since we simply ran out of time at the end of August due to my dad's passing away earlier in the month. The bees were very active in the buckwheat and we will very likely plant another 40-60 acres next year with about the same timing depending on the weather.
Rich