Bees under Siding, Black Earth

jeanne hansen

May 3, 2016, 3:58:13 PM5/3/16
to Madbees Madbees, melod...@yahoo.com
A woman has honey bees under her siding, and wants to see if they can be removed yet preserved.  Please contact her:

Melody Luko
4830 Hwy 78
Black Earth, WI

Her e-mail is in the address line.

Thanks!
Jeanne Hansen
824 Jacobson Ave
Madison, WI 53714
608-244-5094

john smith

May 3, 2016, 9:59:45 PM5/3/16
to madbees
I just spoke with the Luko's who live about three miles from us. The bees are in the wall behind the wood siding under the second story eaves and have been there since late last summer. More work than what I have time for. Does anyone need a project?

harold steinberg

May 4, 2016, 9:44:44 AM5/4/16
to mad...@googlegroups.com, melod...@yahoo.com
Hi Melody,

I am extremely busy for the month of May, but I could come get the bees in June. There are many active "bee rescuers" on the Dane County bee list so someone else might be able to get them earlier than me. Before any of us commit to removing the bees, could you send some pictures and answer a few questions for us?

Could you take a picture or two of the side of the house that the bees are in, one that shows the whole side of the house? and then take a couple of pictures that are more close, and few that are as close as you can get? We also need a picture of the corner of your house to see how the boards are attached.

We need to see how your house is constructed, what type of wood siding you have, how old it is, how well painted it is… These photos will help me determine what tools we would need to bring and how long the project will take.

Do you know when your house was built? When it was last painted? What kind of access is there to the attic? Is there a window in the attic?

Thank you for saving the bees!

On May 3, 2016, at 8:59 PM, john smith <johnosm...@gmail.com> wrote:

I just spoke with the Luko's who live about three miles from us.  The bees are in the wall behind the wood siding under the second story eaves and have been there since late last summer. More work than what I have time for.  Does anyone need a project?

H. Adam Steinberg
7904 Bowman Rd
Lodi, WI 53555

harold steinberg

Jun 6, 2016, 11:56:51 AM6/6/16
to melod...@yahoo.com, Joseph Bessetti, mad...@googlegroups.com
Hi Melody,

Did you still need us to remove the bees, did you decide to exterminate, or do you need more time?

If you’d like to talk over the options please feel free to call me, Adam 608/695-5707.