Friendly, Polite, Supportive

jeanne hansen

Sep 23, 2016, 8:39:10 AM9/23/16
to Madbees Madbees
Our Madbees list serve is read by over 400 members.  The original purpose was to have a place to ask questions and get suggestions in a non-threatening way.  I am dismayed to see an increase recently in derogatory, editorial remarks included in postings.

For example "Getting honey “certified” sounds ridiculous and would only be meaningful  . . . "
or  "It's the same bureaucratic nonsense  as organic labeling.."

No matter what the subject, someone in our club is an enthusiast on the topic.  Although you can't see the people as you write, they are reading the posts and feeling snubbed.

Let me urge each writer to think twice, and remove the value judgments before submitting information, OK?

On the other hand, this kind of remark "Just saw this beautiful little segment"  gives a person a smile, and makes them want to read more.

Please!  Let's make our club great again!!  (joke!)

Thanks!
Jeanne Hansen
824 Jacobson Ave
Madison, WI 53714