Macromedia projector error

cycolac

Dec 28, 2005, 2:37:19 PM12/28/05
I am getting a "Macromedia Projector" error that says :macromedia projector has
encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry..."

This happens when trying to run an .exe file from a CD.

Anyone know how to fix this?

sadipepe

Jan 4, 2006, 11:07:03 PM1/4/06
I'm having the exact same problem. So if someone could help us out, I know I'd really appreciate it.

MaryWeber

Feb 14, 2006, 4:38:30 PM2/14/06
I am experiencing the same problem (Macromedia Projector error) . Did you find a solution?

kazdek

Feb 16, 2006, 3:36:24 PM2/16/06
i get this error on certain cd roms too. anyone know a solution?
my computer shuts down, then restarts with the error message 'macromedia
projector has encountered a problem and needs to close'
it cheeses my little boy off cos its usually his games that crash!

jennyeou

Feb 25, 2006, 12:47:37 PM2/25/06
I am having the same problem with a BigFish game I recently purchased and
downloaded. I've tried every solution from Microsoft, Macromedia, Flash,
Yahoo, and BigFish and nothing is working! Does anyone with this company
actually read these sites or are we on our own trying to get help from each
other?

kazdek

Feb 25, 2006, 4:16:41 PM2/25/06
huntsville does it too, no matter where you download it from

EmmaTLB

Mar 14, 2006, 1:41:33 PM3/14/06
:confused; OMG!!! The exact same thing has been happening to me.. I played the
tral of Diner Dash once and then i got it from anoither site to play it for
another 60 min., and it downloaded and evrything and it was all like, "You have
60 minutes left." but when i played it, it would run for a minute or two and
then this error report would come up. My computer wouldn't shut down or
anything but I couldn't play the game. So, being the idiot i am, i bought the
damn game thinking it might work. It didn't. So now, I'm like sooo p-ed off
cause there are so many games i want to play but i can't. Some people have told
me that maybe the problem is with my computer.. I hope not though... ugh, this
is sooo annoying...

EmmaTLB

Mar 14, 2006, 1:43:40 PM3/14/06
Oh, and I've sent the error report and all and the Micosoft herlp thing tells
me the problem is most likley with my flash player so i uninstalled both flash
player and shockwave player 50 times but it didn't help at all...

kazdek

Mar 15, 2006, 5:28:07 PM3/15/06
i found another sith that had huntsville on , downloaded it , it froze again ,
this time i got a message saying' error: access violation at 0x6900D96F(tried
to read from 0x05C9199C), program terminated' AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH !!!!!!
CAN ANYONE HELP ????

ayrashix

Mar 20, 2006, 5:43:28 PM3/20/06
i too have problems with macromedia projector i want answers!

kazdek

Mar 21, 2006, 11:46:25 AM3/21/06
no-one seems to have any answers though. we all seem to be banging our heads against a brick wall!!:frown;

ldybug1619

Apr 17, 2006, 5:20:58 PM4/17/06
i am having the same problem you had with macromedia, and playing games, did you ever find a solution? please let me know

kazdek

Apr 23, 2006, 6:03:02 PM4/23/06
still banging our heads against a brick wall!!!

DharmaTurtle

May 6, 2006, 11:19:15 AM5/6/06
I'm getting this error after I purchased Kaplan 6 set of college test prep
courses on CD. Oh, comon Adobe, you're supposed to make things BETTER after
puchasing a company, not worse....

If any employees have a vague notion of helping us out, my system specs are:
On a brand spanking new, freshly formated computer running all Windows
updates. Service Pack 2. So I don't think its a hardware or an OS limitation
here. Just something wrong with program...

What the heck is Macromedia Projector, anyway? I can't really find any
references to it on Adobe.com or Google.

DharmaTurtle

May 6, 2006, 1:48:05 PM5/6/06
==========PROBLEM SOLVED==========

Oh man... hehe I am really stupid. Just a bit more Googling (or is it
Googleing?) turned up this forum:

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-7813-0.html?forumID=31&threadID=90795&messageID=104
3385

If anyone else is having this problem, it is solved by going to
Start>All Programs>Accessories>Program Compatibility Wizard
Hit next, select wherever your problem is (either the select from a list of
programs, the CD drive, or the manual browse and select), then set it to
emulate Windows 98 or ME. Hit next, then disable Visual Themes. Hit next, test
it out, then close up. If that still doesn't work, just play with the
options/colors/resolution and the version of Windows.

Hoped that helped you all... but if you're still reading this forum you must
be really desperate ;-).

Macromedia really needs to send out an update or offical notice or something
though.

eenpaus

Jun 3, 2006, 1:45:13 PM6/3/06

This is what helped me!!!!

I updated my audiodriver [nforce audiodriver] and that solved this annoying problem.
Hope this will help you to.
good luck!

MzG54

Jun 13, 2006, 5:24:49 PM6/13/06
Emma I am having the same problem that you are. Did you find a solution? I can't play diner dash or mystery case files either. Please let me know.

Thank You
Mz...@aol.com

LILLYBIRD10

May 8, 2007, 9:54:58 AM5/8/07
Many people have found that going to the options menu after starting the game and turning down/off all music and sound in game it will not have this problem. I tried that and it worked for me.

LILLYBIRD10

May 8, 2007, 5:50:59 PM5/8/07
oop forgot that usually works on diner dash games. I still have problems with alot of others.

ziczachzoe

May 11, 2007, 10:57:29 AM5/11/07
:disgust;

I've been googling this problem for 2 days now.... I recently purchased
PhotoShow 5 (to use on my laptop running Vista). I installed, and immediately
get "Macromedia Projector is not responding". I've tried upgrading to "Adobe
Flash Player Active X" latest version available for download 9.???

Still get the same problem.

Any other suggestions?????

fhellie

Jul 7, 2007, 1:23:27 AM7/7/07
:smile;Thank you Dharma Turtle. Today is 7 July 2007 and I was having terrible
trouble getting a game for my son to work. I kept getting Macromedia Projector
error. After an hour of installing and uninstalling I finally thought to
google the problem and low and behold I found this forum and after going
through the Program Compatibility Wizard my son could play his Lion King game.
Thank you for saving my sanity and who would have thought that 18 months after
this forum started people like myself are still being helped. Many thanks.

jaffas21

Aug 11, 2007, 9:04:14 AM8/11/07
the key point here is that I wasn't getting this error previously!

I am using macromedia projector to access lynda.com video training cd's which
use quicktime to play the vidoesand macromedia projector to create the windows
its played in i presume, i recently rebuilt my computer and installed the new
version of flash, quicktime, and shockwave and java and suddenly this problem
materialised so its obviously something thats changed in the software release
thats causing the problem, i even downgraded my version of quicktime, but its
not working .... this problem didn't exist when macromedia owned these products
.. so i believe it must be changes made by adobe .. id just love to know what
they are .... none of my training videos work now via the normal interface... i
rebuilt my machine again and got the same error exactly which convinces me
something critical has changed and its not me !!!!

raj_india_2007

Aug 23, 2007, 2:48:00 PM8/23/07
while tryin to play cd's by Lynda.com training videos i get Macromedia projector error

tree91

Aug 31, 2007, 10:02:52 PM8/31/07
how can i fix this macromedia projectore error? is there an update or anything?

shark20

Sep 5, 2007, 8:36:25 AM9/5/07
[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]DharmaTurtle[/b][/b][/i]
[B]==========PROBLEM SOLVED==========[/B]

Oh man... hehe I am really stupid. Just a bit more Googling (or is it
Googleing?) turned up this forum:

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-7813-0.html?forumID=31&threadID=90795&messageID=104
3385

If anyone else is having this problem, it is solved by going to
Start>All Programs>Accessories>Program Compatibility Wizard
Hit next, select wherever your problem is (either the select from a list of
programs, the CD drive, or the manual browse and select), then set it to
emulate Windows 98 or ME. Hit next, then disable Visual Themes. Hit next, test
it out, then close up. If that still doesn't work, just play with the
options/colors/resolution and the version of Windows.

Hoped that helped you all... but if you're still reading this forum you must

be really desperate ;-). And... if this did help you, sign in to Adobe and say
so will ya? I'm kinda interested in knowing how widespread this problem was.

Macromedia really needs to send out an update or offical notice or something

though.[/q]

I have this error when playing the PC game Evidence. I have already tried
playing with the compatibility mode along with the display settings and the
visual themes. None of this has worked, I still receive the error "macromedia
projector has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry..."

Does anyone (even from Adobe) have an answer? I have updated my audio and
video drivers, even quicktime but I still get the same error message.

Slingbladekarl

Sep 5, 2007, 4:09:26 PM9/5/07
I was having the same problem. The problem is not Macromedia Projector, but
how quicktime relates to such. The only way I got around to fixing this is by
opening the Quicktime Player > Edit > Quicktime Preferences > Advanced > and
under Video Change from DirectX to Safe Mode (GDI). Hope this helps.

Markao_o

Sep 14, 2007, 6:18:04 AM9/14/07
[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]Slingbladekarl[/b][/b][/i]

I was having the same problem. The problem is not Macromedia Projector, but
how quicktime relates to such. The only way I got around to fixing this is by
opening the Quicktime Player > Edit > Quicktime Preferences > Advanced > and
under Video Change from DirectX to Safe Mode (GDI). Hope this helps.[/q]

Thank you !!!!!!

Like many googled and could not find any answer, mailed the lynda.com helpdesk
and they could not help me, you however did ;)

So thanks again,
M.

shark20

Sep 14, 2007, 8:30:14 AM9/14/07
[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]Slingbladekarl[/b][/b][/i]
I was having the same problem. The problem is not Macromedia Projector, but
how quicktime relates to such. The only way I got around to fixing this is by
opening the Quicktime Player > Edit > Quicktime Preferences > Advanced > and
under Video Change from DirectX to Safe Mode (GDI). Hope this helps.[/q]

I have already tried this and I still get the same error. Unfortunately, I
cannot upgrade quicktime to the latest version. The game looks for version 6 or
higher other than version 7.

Slingbladekarl

Sep 15, 2007, 12:51:26 AM9/15/07
Well I thought I had it fixed. Just had the same error message as before. But
I found another work around in Quicktime 6.52.

First uninstall Quicktime 7.0. Install Quicktime 6.52, Next go through the
almost same procedure:

Quicktime Player > Edit > Quicktime Preferences > and under Video Settings
change from DirectX to Safe Mode (GDI). It fixed my problem. I'm going to
experiment with some other settings. But this worked for now.

I believe the new Microsoft Silverlight might have changed something that
caused Quicktime 7.0 not to work. Thatt is the only program I've installed with
media codecs and activex controls.

Hope this helps.

Slingbladekarl

Sep 15, 2007, 1:12:23 AM9/15/07
Well some of the problem comes from the NVIDIA Nview Software, because instead
of changing the VIDEO SETTINGS to (SAFE MODE (GDI ONLY)) in 6.52. I just
UNCHECKED Enable DirectDraw On Secondary Monitors and left the rest of the
settings the same under OPTIONS. Going to check some of other settings. You
must close quicktime to test these settings, because there is no APPLY button
in 6.52.

I believe I can update back to 7.0 and it will still work.

Thanks

P.S. Just wondering how many of us are using Dual Monitors? Nvidia Nview?

testasdfg

Sep 19, 2007, 8:06:36 AM9/19/07
<script>
</script>

testasdfg

Sep 19, 2007, 8:06:13 AM9/19/07
<script>
</script>

Burrish

Oct 1, 2007, 8:39:48 PM10/1/07
[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]Slingbladekarl[/b][/b][/i]
I was having the same problem. The problem is not Macromedia Projector, but
how quicktime relates to such. The only way I got around to fixing this is by
opening the Quicktime Player > Edit > Quicktime Preferences > Advanced > and
under Video Change from DirectX to Safe Mode (GDI). Hope this helps.[/q]

I just implemented this change, and it has worked thus far, so a big KUDOS
goes out to slingbladekarl! Oh, and I guess I should state what it is that I'm
using: It's a CD-ROM for a College Algebra course by Blitzer. I hope someone
else with this problem finds this thread!

Cheers!,

Tron A Lour

Dec 24, 2007, 8:45:08 PM12/24/07
I was having a problem running a game (crashed and said "macromedia projector
stooped working"), searched online for a solution and found nothing.
I finally contacted Microsoft by phone and told them the problem.
All I had to do was uninstall the software, then reboot in "clean mode"
(meaning no startup programs and everything BUT the microsoft programs shut
off). I then reinstalled the program to it's default folder (where program
wants to be installed) and it works fine. I have since allowed the startup
programs etc. to run.

Give that a try, and hopefully it will work for you too.
If this helps, please pass on the information. There are MANY people having
this same problem.

Fijat

Feb 8, 2008, 1:11:26 AM2/8/08
Ha! FIXED PROBLEM (macromedia projector error on lynda.com videos) Open Quicktime prefences ..advance and change video to safemode... apply and ur good to go...

Andy089

Feb 8, 2008, 8:10:54 PM2/8/08
[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]eenpaus[/b][/b][/i]

good luck![/q]

worked for me too, thanks

sepulchre10

Feb 27, 2008, 1:09:16 AM2/27/08
Thank you Slingbladekarl!!! Works like a charm!!

ikillnazi

Apr 18, 2008, 8:27:11 AM4/18/08
I am running an educational program called "entering new worlds". The program
starts up fine but when trying to run anything it freezes and comes up with the
Macromedia projector error. I have tried all the solutions on this forum does
any1 else have any ideas what could be casuing this?:embarrassment;

yairhol

Jun 30, 2008, 8:16:13 AM6/30/08
I have the same problem trying to watch a DVD of ASKVIDEO.
I get the Macromedia Projector error.
It works fine on one computer with XP home and gives the error on my other
computer with XP Pro.
Why don't Adobe help us out here?

CipInvest

Jul 10, 2008, 8:12:43 AM7/10/08
Because this is a user to user forum

wmcorty

Jul 14, 2008, 3:29:47 AM7/14/08
We're in the same boat, I can't handle this alone.

_______________________________
http://goldteeths.googlepages.com | ://goldteeths.googlepages.com/gold-teeth.htm

bgrantenator

Nov 27, 2008, 8:05:31 PM11/27/08
I also have the Macromedia Projector crashing error. It has even completely
tanked the entire session requiring a hard reboot. Fun.

It is hard to believe after reading forums for a couple of hours, and seeing
all the dozens of complaints on Adobe's site as well as on other
multimedia/game developer support sites... that nothing in over 1.5 years has
been done to correct this issue. I have not seen one iota from Adobe directly
addressing this issue.

I am using a game called Journey to Wild Divine.. ironically a game designed
to employ biofeedback training to REDUC stress. I am now hours and hours into
the install, and the culprit at this point seems to be Adobe torpedoing
whatever standards they originally supported.. without updating any 3rd party
developers.

Bad form. Bad show. Bad faith. All I can say.

Can someone post an email of the right EMPLOYEE at Adobe that should be
responsible for this sorry state of affairs??