Adobe Flash Player 9 was previously installed with elevated permissions

3 vues

elevated permissions

non lue,
4 déc. 2007, 14:41:0204/12/2007
I have had to disable flash on our websites in order to make them useable.
Looks like flash 9 was updated yesterday and now pops up a dialog asking to be
reinstalled with admin privs. Considering no one on aprox 250 machines has
admin privs, I am now faced with the task of spending 15 minutes installing and
or upgrading flash on 250 pcs.

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. what kind of QA did you do on this release, because im
pretty pissed right now.

I have tried the fix located here: ( http://dontpokebadgers.com/axaa/ ) which
approves the classID, but this does not seem to work. I am sure other people
must be experiencing this issue. I require you to perform one of the following
actions:

1) Provide a method to disable auto updating the flash active x control
2) Provide group policy settings that will enable seemless installation in the
background. This would ideally be registry based and not have anything to do
with an MSI file that I would need to bundle into a startup script.
3) Roll back flash to a working version that does not have this horrible bug
4) Silently fail to update flash, as the old flash still renders the content
after the error message has been cleared.

Please respond ASAP. I am sure you are about to get a flood of complaints as
you have now changed the default behavior of the flash player, which
unfortunately, much of the internet now uses.

BWolfe [ADOBE]

non lue,
4 déc. 2007, 15:28:5204/12/2007
There already is a method for disabling auto-update, as well as control over
many other options for your users... So this isn't a bug at all. This is
auto-update doing what it's supposed to do. As the network admin you have to
disable it.. Read on...

First, as a network install you should be using the (free) licensed
distribution version of Flash Player. The licensing is here:
http://www.adobe.com/licensing/ That will get you EXE installers for your
network if you want them. Most importantly it gives you the legal ability to
distribute the player and then control it using the following....

Flash Player Administrator's Guide:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

Also please keep in mind that these forums are not official support channels.
They're peer-to-peer support. So in the future please go through
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer for needs such as this. We do offer
support to network admins supporting the install...

elevated permissions

non lue,
4 déc. 2007, 18:30:4704/12/2007
I suppose I could install via MSI as long as that doesnt require admin rights.
The other problem Is I would have to re publish a new MSI every time you
updated the client. Thats a real hassle.

Why have you changed the functionality in this version regarding updates
anyway? It never used to throw a dialog box up before.

BWolfe [ADOBE]

non lue,
5 déc. 2007, 17:38:3605/12/2007
Auto-update has been a feature since version 7. But it wasn't turned on in
all cases. I'm not entirely sure why the engineering team chose to turn it on
now.

even if you don't have the MSI you can still disable autoupdate using the
techniques in the Admin Guide. That's really what you should be looking at...

cashew1976

non lue,
17 déc. 2007, 01:59:2217/12/2007
:evil;

Adobe Flash Player 9 was previously installed with elevated permissions

Same error here on a terminal server. Can't give all users elevated... I
installed the msi version and magicly it works for all users. Dont need to
deploy from active directory, just needed to install via the msi.

http://www.adobe.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_msi

TelemusCapital

non lue,
9 janv. 2008, 10:25:1009/01/2008
we are in a citrix environment and were experiencing the same problem. it
really is too bad that the flash can't be deployed through a gpo. anyway i used
the msi and that corrected the problem for us as well. at least there was an
easy fix.

0 nouveau message