Error Number: 0x80040703

mfwit

Aug 5, 2004, 9:09:53 AM8/5/04
When Installing flash i get this error:

Error Number: 0x80040703

Setup will now terminate.

Aug 5, 2004, 9:36:31 AM8/5/04
crikey :s

did you try to install over an old version?

http://www.macromedia.com/international/support/

go here to find your regional support :)

good luck

Jason

"mfwit" <webfor...@macromedia.com> wrote in message

Peter Blumenthal

Aug 5, 2004, 9:38:57 AM8/5/04
What OS are you running?

mfwit

Aug 5, 2004, 10:08:42 AM8/5/04
Im running windows xp

jmeredith

Jan 24, 2005, 3:04:27 PM1/24/05
I am getting the exact same error. I have Windows XP Professional with SP2

My IT guy reinstalled Windows without uninstalling any software so nothing
shows up in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel (hence my inability to
remove Flash). I also could not see any files specifically related to uninstall
in the program directory so attempted to reinstall Flash MX 2004 Professional
again and got the error message.

Has anyone had any luck resolving this issue? Please let me know? THANK YOU

cprice12

Jul 20, 2005, 11:15:07 AM7/20/05
I had this same problem and I fixed it.
I had a previous install of Flash before I restored windows and cleaned out my
machine. I tried to reinstall 'Flash' but I got that error.
However, after checking the 'Program Files' follder, the 'Macromedia' folder
was still there...?
So I just went into the 'Macromedia' folder and deleted the 'Flash' folder.
Then I tried the Flash install again and it worked.
The 'Licensing Installer' dll file was still there from the previous
install...so it was apparently causing issues.
Hope this helps.