HOW CAN I OPEN A PROTECTED MOVIE IN FLASH 4????

Hagay Myr

Jan 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/25/00
hello!
i try to open some SWF file which is protected.
what do i need to do to open it?
do i need some crack program?
and if i do, where can i find it?

<--HAGAY MYR-->
haga...@isdn.net.il

Eric fritsch

Jan 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/25/00
You can't. It's that simple.

Eric Fritsch
Consortium Creations Web Design
http://www.consortium-creations.com

Ryan Mayer

Jan 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/25/00
It's "protected" for a reason... As far as I know you can't open a swf file.
--- Ryan

"Hagay Myr" <hagaymyr|@isdn.net.il> wrote in message

til

Jan 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/25/00
If you dont have a Linux box you can also use SWF Browser its for
Windows.

http://screenweaver.com/download/SWFBrowser280.EXE

Nikki Fay

Jan 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/25/00
to Hagay Myr
That swf is copyrighted material. If you are
"opening" it against the creator's wishes you are
breaking intellectual property rights laws.

--

Nikki Fay

Smart design for small business since 1995
http://www.faystudios.com

monica

Jan 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/26/00
Sorry but you Wrong
There is many tool on the web . Even with simple resource manager you
can describe it in pieces.
http://openswf.org/
TOOLS
Swifty Utilities Utilities for editing SWF files.

Eric fritsch wrote:

> You can't. It's that simple.
>
> Eric Fritsch
> Consortium Creations Web Design
> http://www.consortium-creations.com

Fabian

Jan 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/26/00
Think of it this way, if you can open other's work then the same can be done
to yours.

Try and work it out. Yes there are ways of opening swf files but copying
someone else's work is not the way.

With that said; if its to open your own work then there are disadvantages to
using SWF Browser: (eg if your flas are damaged or deleted)

When I last looked at a month and half ago - to see how my files would stand
up to the program - No layers structure was saved when fla files are
published. As well movie clip support is available but no frame actions or
action script available. Sound conversion to wav from mp3 is of poor
quality so using it to copy another's sound work won't help either. Plus
SWFBrowser will not open projector files... well in v2.80 it won't... I
don't know about future versions.

I must say that once it was thought that swf files could not be broken into;
but with the advent of these tools (and SWF Browser is not the only one),
Flash media is going to become like HTML. That is in the sense of copying
another work being of such ease to the viewer.

What's happened to originality???

Fabian
CBP

Note: Do not email me about where to get these programs.... I will not reply
to them.
POST TO THE NEWSGROUP SO EVERYONE CAN BENEFIT!

til

Jan 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/26/00

> I must say that once it was thought that swf files could not be broken into;
> but with the advent of these tools (and SWF Browser is not the only one),
> Flash media is going to become like HTML. That is in the sense of copying
> another work being of such ease to the viewer.
>
> What's happened to originality???

I think only those people who are not creative fear that other people steal
their work, because its hard for them to come up with something new. Personally
if i look at a Flash movie and like the way i.e. a typo animation is done, in
most cases i don't need to open it in SWF Browser to understand the concept of
the animation. Nice animations are based on good timing and nice graphics and
ideas, techniques are not so important. Learning the techniques is just a
question of time, it does not matter if people crack your SWF's to see how
you've done it or figure it out themselves, sooner or later they will know how
to do it. Take yugop.com as an example, the techniques used are stunning, but i
guess there are a lot of people who can figure out how he has done it. So what,
its not about techniques its about the ideas.

If people got the creative potential they will take what they learned from you
and make something new, you will look at their stuff and make something new and
so on. You won't stop this by protecting your SWF files.

Bye,
Till

Hagay Myr

Jan 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/26/00
look guys,
i'm just a biginner in flash and i just want to learn how to make some nice
efects.
my point is not to steal no one's work. just to LEARN!!!
so please stop giving me that "ilegal" thing cause i know that already.
anyway thanx.

--
<--- HAGAY MYR --->
haga...@isdn.net.il

Isaac Rivera

Jan 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/26/00
You can't, even for "educational" purposes if the author does not want
to share his secrets with you.

Isaac

Jason Hargrove

Jan 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/26/00
I agree with Til. I think that it is mostly a small population of people
that would want to copy a project frame for frame. These are not creative
people that are passionate about what they are doing. They are not a large
enough problem to waste time getting pissed about. Mostly, it is simply the
ideas that people crave. It is flattering to have someone admire your work
so much that they adapt it to their own site. This actually serves to raise
the bar and make us strive to reach that next plateau that we never thought
would be possible.

The West has grown to be the most wealthy, successful and powerful culture
in only a few hundred years. Canada and the US are super powers and it
happened so quickly because our mentality has always been to stand on the
shoulders of others to achieve what no one else has. This is the nature of
our people and that is why you see so much "copying" of other people's work.
I think that this cycle is necessary to keep us on our toes, trying to
out-do each other with new ideas. If we all started at the bottom, without
looking at each other's ideas, we would never grow. I have seen things on
other people's sites that I never would have thought was possible with
FLASH. I will think, "This has got to be it. The possibilities are maxed
now. But then only a few months later someone will do something that amazes
me again. This cycle not only inspires other media artists to grow, but the
makers of the tools. The software itself has grown incredibly, mostly due
to people pushing the boundaries. This would never happen without
inspiration and adaptation. To recreate something that somebody was able to
pull off only serves to teach me more about the art, and from that will
sprout more ideas that will help feed others.

--
Jason Hargrove

SSI Solutions
voice (780) 413 - 8458 ext: 111
fax (780) 451 - 0943
www.ssi-solutions.com

"til" <t...@handlanger.de> wrote in message

Jason Hargrove

Jan 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/26/00

heydt

Jan 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/26/00
J,

And Canada is a "super power" of...

Besides, Tom Green, of course.

--
-heydt
http://www.wolvesburrow.com

< beware the filter >

Flashaholic

Jan 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/26/00
Canada a super-power?

hah.

In what way do you mean that?

The lower mainland of Vancouver (west coast) is where the majority of the
computer action is in the entire country.

Yet with the constant problems of very high taxes and little or no benefits
(from government) for keeping these companies here. It's quiet amazing we
even have a "silicon valley".

If you mean "super-power" as in military, thats even funnier. I won't even
go there.

Our doller is half of the american's practically, I don't consider that
"super-power".

The fact is, America is the super-power, Canada just "grows" the talent,
while America hires them.

My thoughts. :)

Note : I am born and raised Canadian. As well I still live here.
<westcoast>. That may change if things keep going the way they are with our
technologic community.

Byron Canfield

Jan 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/26/00
There are tools that allow you to unprotect and open an SWF in the Flash
Editor, but it's a pointless exercise if the idea is to learn how the FLA
was put together because, once compiled into SWF, it no longer looks
anything like the FLA. The only reason to knowingly unprotect and open
somebody else's SWF files is to steal.

--
==> What's so hard to understand about: NO EMAIL PLEASE

Hagay Myr <hagaymyr|@isdn.net.il> wrote in message

Fabian Serena

Jan 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/27/00
Not a problem... so is everyone else here. :)

http://www.virtual-fx.net
is a good start to learn special effects
just go to there tutorials section

Fabian
CBP