error 1008:5

pfoxx

Jan 7, 2006, 8:36:24 PM1/7/06
I can't install the flash player. i keep getting access denied error 1008:5 sayiny I don't have access privileges. I AM the admin user. Firefox 1.5, OS X 10.3.9 What up?

Paul Doom

Jan 13, 2006, 7:14:40 PM1/13/06
Just ran into that myself. You have mixed up filesystem permissions somewhere.
Instead of poking around and trying to spot the problem, just use the Disk
Utility to repair permissions.

Under Applications -> Utilities, run Disk Utility. Then select your hard
drive and click "Repair Disk Permissions". That is
it. It will check system folder permissions and report on problems, then fix
them. Once it is done, the installer should
be fine.

(In my case, it was the /Library/Internet Plug-Ins folder, which was set
drwxr-xr-x instead of drwxrwxr-x, which meant there
was not group write access to the folder.)

Nobby

Jul 16, 2008, 5:45:17 PM7/16/08
Yep I had this same problem, Flash Player had worked fine across all browsers for ages until one day suddenly it threw an arse and told me I hadn't got it installed. Followed the link to install it and it errored every time. So tried running an uninstaller then the installer and it still failed. Then tried this Disk Utility permissions fix, re-ran the installer and hey presto, Robert is your Father's brother. So big thanks for the advice!

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/68_2006_1_0_0_672155/error-10085.htm

Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups
http://www.developmentnow.com