MySQL Connection "HTTP Error Code 403 Forbidden"

ssipiora

Feb 21, 2009, 9:46:58 AM2/21/09
I can't seem to connect to my MySQL database on Go Daddy. I have the db set up
for remote access and can connect just fine with Sequel Pro. But, when I try to
connect to build my application in Dreamweaver I always get "HTTP Error Code
403 Forbidden". I've spent a good chunk of the last 3 days banging my head
against this problem. At this point I'm thinking of dumping Dreamweaver. I
thought these things were supposed to be easy? Yes, I'm very frustrated...

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Singhsaab

Feb 23, 2009, 3:20:23 AM2/23/09
Pls check if your database name is already taken by someone else on GoDaddy.
GoDaddy has a policy that a database name taken on any website hosted by them
cannot be taken by another user.

If your database name was accepted by GoDaddy, see if the first few lines of
your SQL file contain code like:

DROP DATABASE IF EXISTS . . . or
CREATE DATABASE . . . or
USE . . .

If such lines are there, delete them so that the code starts with:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS . . .

Save the SQL file and try to upload it.

Good luck!

tompau...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2009, 11:30:25 PM3/26/09

I'm having the same problem, has anyone figured this out? It's not a
duplicate name issue.

hda...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2009, 8:11:29 PM4/7/09
What fixed this for me was to go into Dreamweaver and adjust the URL
prefix in the Testing Server area of the site definition. It has put
in "ftp." rather than "www." -- once I corrected that it connected for
me...