HTTP Error Code 405 Method Not Allwed

kabwatha

Mar 28, 2005, 2:27:20 PM3/28/05
I keep getting the following error message: HTTP Error Code 405 Method Not Allowed
each time I try to connect to mysql.
Can someone Help?
Thank you in advance.

graphwit

May 6, 2005, 2:04:16 AM5/6/05
Did you ever get an answer to this problem?

I've got a thread going on this forum now. I hope someone knows what's going on.

greekthunder

Jun 13, 2005, 4:20:11 PM6/13/05
I'm also having the same problem.

I've checked what I could, uploaded the .dll file they said you have to have
and changed permissions on various files hoping that might clear up the
problem. No dice! There's a severe lack of support for this on the tech
support knowledgebase. The setup seems to be simple...

A response from Macromedia would be nice :)

Thanks,

GT

dferry23

Aug 16, 2006, 8:37:27 AM8/16/06
Brand new to Dreamweaver, and trying to set up a testing database on my laptop,
but I'm getting the same error 405 when I fill in the information in the
connection box and click "select" to choose the database.

Help.

Nancy *Adobe Community Expert*

Aug 16, 2006, 8:47:22 AM8/16/06
Method Not Allowed means you have a permissions problem. In Windows
Explorer, go to the Site file on the server (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\nameofsite)
and right click on the folder and click on Properties. Find the Securities
tab (hidden by default in SP2 .. you may have to unhide it). On the
Securities Tab, you're looking for the IUSR (Internet Guest) account. Find
it on the list and allow Read, Execute and Write permissions. If it's not
listed click Add/Advanced/Find Now and find it on the list and add it.

--
Nancy Gill
Adobe Community Expert
Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
Technical Editor: DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner's
Guide, Mastering Macromedia Contribute
Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

"dferry23" <webfor...@macromedia.com> wrote in message

dferry23

Aug 16, 2006, 9:48:07 AM8/16/06
Bear with me now . . .

1. I created a /vhosts/mysite under Default Web Site for my php code. Is
that the site I should be modifying? Should the connection setup box specify
"localhost" or "localhost/vhosts/mysite" or something else that is pointing to
MySQL?

2. Are you talking about the "Directory Security" tab or another tab actually
called "Securities"? If the latter, how do I unhide it?

Tatiana Russo

Mar 4, 2008, 2:59:24 AM3/4/08
Hi, I've tried giving full control to myself on that fonlder, but it still gives me the same error in Dreamweaver. Should I give the same permissions to INETPUB?

inpert

Feb 7, 2009, 8:52:51 AM2/7/09
Was this issue ever resolved? I'm having the same problem using DW8 & IIS 7,
and the problem persists even after allowing the IUSR account the necessary
permissions. Also, this issue seems related to the one on adobe TechNote at:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_16774&sliceId=2
though the TechNote issue seems to refer only to DW6.
I can't imagine this bug still exists... DW8 has been around a while!
Can anyone (from Macromedia maybe) help?