Director Player Error

Eva Villar Montes

Jan 8, 2001, 3:03:11 PM1/8/01
I am getting crazy with a strange error, never seen before on a
Macintosh. I developed a movie (on a Mac G4, with Director 7.0.2) using
two Xtras (V12 and PrintOMatic light).
When I copy the projector on a CD and I double-click it, I receive a
message like this:

Director Player Error
Unable to load movie playlist. Does the .INI file exist? It must contain
a section '[Movies]' with an entry 'Movie01=Pathname.dir'.

This is not my first movie, but I never saw this message before. The
strange thing is that the projector made on a PC from the same movie and
put on the same CD works perfectly.

Does anybody know what is happening?
I forgot: the previous version of the same file was working well, and
the only things changed are about the graphics, Nothing has been changed
in the scripting.

Thank you for any help or suggestion.

Maurizio

Paul

Jan 9, 2001, 4:56:06 AM1/9/01

----------
In article <3A5A1CFF...@yahoo.com>, Eva Villar Montes
<evavill...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Maurizio,

I experienced the same problem a few weeks ago. It was due to a corrupt
projector. Create the projector again exactly the way you did before. If
you're lucky, the error won't occur again.

I guess the movie playlist is stored in a resource of the projector. If my
solution doesn't work, you could try to make the ini file, which is a
text-file that looks something like this:

(projectorname.ini)

[Movies]
Movie01=the moviepath & "mymovie"

(if you don't put .dir behind the moviename, it should also be able to find
the protected movie)

Don't know if it works, never tried it before myself.

Good luck,

Paul

Eva Villar Montes

Jan 11, 2001, 12:33:20 PM1/11/01

Paul wrote:

> ----------

> Hi Maurizio,
>
> I experienced the same problem a few weeks ago. It was due to a corrupt
> projector. Create the projector again exactly the way you did before. If
> you're lucky, the error won't occur again.
>
> I guess the movie playlist is stored in a resource of the projector. If my
> solution doesn't work, you could try to make the ini file, which is a
> text-file that looks something like this:
>
> (projectorname.ini)
>
> [Movies]
> Movie01=the moviepath & "mymovie"
>
> (if you don't put .dir behind the moviename, it should also be able to find
> the protected movie)
>
> Don't know if it works, never tried it before myself.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Paul

I already tried to make again the projecor, but I got the same error. I also
tried on a secon Mac (an IMac DV Special edition), but nothing changed. Any
suggestion from Macromedia? Today I will try to re-install Director 7, and may
be I can delete Director 8.
I'll let you know if I will solve the problem... :-(
Maurizio

Eva Villar Montes

Jan 15, 2001, 12:59:12 PM1/15/01

Eva Villar Montes wrote:

I also reinstalled Director, and nothing changed; I make the projector with
Director 8 and gives me the same error. What is happening? Is there any
known solution to this problem? Is urgent, please, can anybody help me?
Maurizio