Error Executing Database Query. [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Connection reset by peer: socket write error

Mohan 1234

Dec 18, 2007, 10:07:54 AM12/18/07
Hi all

We are receiving the below coldfusion error very consistently ( once in 1-2
mins ) though we done have any issues reported by the users.

Error Executing Database Query. [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Connection
reset by peer: socket write error

Only change in the environment is, recently we moved databases (SQL server
2000) from windows 2000 server to Windows 2003 64 bit.

Any help on this regard is appreciated.

-M

JR

Dec 18, 2007, 10:26:19 AM12/18/07
<ShotInTheDark>
The Macromedia SQL driver was probably written without regard to a 64 bit
server (someone correct me if I'm out of order). You might try using
Microsoft's JDBC driver for SQL Server.
</ShotInTheDark>

prasanth25

Dec 19, 2007, 12:27:07 AM12/19/07
Mohan,
Check the DB server and find out how many connections are allowed
simultaneously. The Cold Fusion will create more connections to the DB server
overtime. Also, try unchecking the Maintain Connections in the details area of
the datasource setting on the CF Administrator. Remember, this will affect the
performance, so do not leave this unchecked on production servers.

HotFusion112

Apr 23, 2008, 3:20:09 PM4/23/08
I am getting the following error in my event viewer when i restart my
coldfusion...please help..

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ColdFusion MX 7 ODBC Server )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see
Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
ColdFusion MX 7 ODBC Server@LOCALHOST,ErrorCode=2310,ErrorMessage=TCP/IP,
connection reset by peer.

I have tried everything...I have done everythin I could find in the
internet.made sure tcp/ip named pipes are enabled, the path in my *.ini file to
coldfusion is set right, made sure all the components are started correctly,
name of the server is there instead of IP address, reload , patch and update
the drivers. There is nothing left to do, still after I restart my coldfusion
thru services I get the above error

ksmith

Apr 24, 2008, 2:08:39 PM4/24/08
Mohan, confirm your MS SQL server (MSS) is not timing out connections on its
end. If you use ColdFusion's maintain connection, CF expects to expire the
connection. It will not like it if MSS or a firewall is timing out the
connection. As was previously suggested confirm the number of connections to
MSS from CF is less then any license or other limit. CF can create roughly
numOfMssDsn * SimRequests as a max number of connections. Regulate by using
the DSN timeout, but your MSS license should cover the maximum number of CF
connections and your additional usage.