QTW and A4W: unable to load external movie driver

Duane Anderson

Apr 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/28/98

I have an Authorware 3 Windows CD-ROM with Quick Time movies that I'm
trying to move to Authorware 4. The movies are in the same subdir as the
.exe.

I can run the title in Authorware with no trouble.

When I run the title from the packaged .exe, I get, "Unable to load
external movie driver for: a210rv.mov. Possibly the driver is missing or
there is not enough memory."

I've tried QTW 2.1.2 and QTW 3.0. I've put EVERY (70 of them) extra in
the Xtras subdir to know avail.

Here is the list of extras I think I need.
A3SREAD.X32
A4QT32.XMO
Aiffread.x32
BMPVIEW.X32
MIX32.X32
Mixview.x32
PICTVIEW.X32
VIEWSVC.X32

Thanks,
Duane Anderson

Duane Anderson

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

The solution, move A4QT32.XMO to the same subdir as the .exe.