Woodworking Question

Randy C.

Apr 13, 2015, 6:10:27 PM4/13/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com
So I've got a project in mind to create some wood lock boxes for game consoles, since
the Louisville Anime Community is doing more events. I've got 4 complete 4x8 sheets of
a finished composite board laying around in the basement, and a bunch of smaller pieces.
Probably 1/2" to 3/4" thick board.

Rectangular box would be something like 7x24x28 with a hinge at the back, some simple partitions
inside for storage. Basic hinge lid with a front flap latch for a padlock. Run a small PSU for
some fans for ventilation, with slots or holes for pass through and cables.

So my question, not having dealt with mills or CnC before, what software is currently being
used for designing up something like this? Are the sheets I've got too big for LVL1 equipment, even if
I cut them in half before hand?

I'm familiar with 3D printers, I'm fine with hand tools, just not used to the larger wood equipment.

Jeff Johnson

Apr 15, 2015, 10:26:59 PM4/15/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Check with Brian Wagner.