Flat black vs black velvet

Jeff Johnson

Jun 9, 2016, 2:50:37 PM6/9/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Question for you crafty types (and optic folks too).....  I'm making a display case for some funko pops I've collected and want to have the interior black, non refective.

Would it be better to do flat black paint, or black velvet?  I've heard that even flat black can be reflective at certain angles, and I'm worried about the velvet/felt going to dust over time.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Jeff

Everseeker

Jun 9, 2016, 4:19:19 PM6/9/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I have seen both types (Lots of Mil types do displays)
The ones with a black(or Black/Navy) velvet back always look better
It should not powder during the course of even 2 or 3 generations (Provided you get good velvet)

Jeff Johnson

Jun 11, 2016, 6:20:41 PM6/11/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Cool.  Thanks Pat.  FWIW, Instead of making a hinged face frame, I have some cylinder magnets that I'm going to drill and set in with some gorilla glue so it just sticks on.