HVAC Filters

SeanMcP

Jun 10, 2017, 10:18:14 AM6/10/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
All,

If anyone wants to take part in the "5 minute tasks", a good one is to check the air filters in the HVAC units for the classroom and large room regularly. I heard the main room HVAC unit fighting to push air, which is ridiculous given how it's ducted. I shut it down and checked the filter, and it was completely blocked. I've created a wiki page on how to swap the filters, placed a sticker indicating the airflow direction and a reminder to date the new filters on each unit, and put in new filters all around.

The howto is located at http://wiki.lvl1.org/HVAC and include filters if what filters should or should not look like. Let broken know if we run out of filters. The filter sizes are written on the actual HVAC units and I included it in the wiki.

Let's not ruin several thousands of dollars worth of HVAC equipment and spend extra money on our electric bill because someone won't change a $2 filter. I know it's not as a many geek points as fixing a laser or 3D printer but we all benefit from a conditioned environment.

Thanks,

Sean

IMG_6082.JPG
IMG_6084.JPG