Update to Shapeoko Repair Madness 2016

Jose Cabrera

Jul 4, 2016, 1:53:46 PM7/4/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
All,

I have just updated the "Shapeoko Repair Madness 2016" wiki page to make the beginning of the adventure readable.

There is no express timeline, however completion before Maker Faire is possible.

Before commenting on "just replace the board", this Repair Madness is intended to act as a learning opportunity.  The device has failed at least twice before for the same reason.  That reason is the real problem and it is being addressed.  For details, check out the wiki and follow the progress.

If you want to help then come to Tuesday meeting were pre and post meeting I will be available to discuss this.  Or reply in the group.

Ultimately, once the repairs are made, the device will be hackable but it will be upon your heads, not bad design or careless assembly, for breaking it.

Matt B.

Jul 6, 2016, 9:54:11 AM7/6/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jose.  This is exactly the kind of documentation I like to see!

Kevin Price

Jul 6, 2016, 11:18:23 AM7/6/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
The table definitely was left a mess Jose. I had been cleaning things up and putting tools away every night as I wrapped up, but I had been literally asked to check myself into a psychiatric hospital before I got the chance to clean it up.

Kevin Price

Jul 6, 2016, 11:26:59 AM7/6/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Though I do understand why you would have been very frustrated to see it left like that. It did very much look like I rage quit a project, left tools all over the place, and didn't come back to the space to clean it up for over a week.

Gary Fischer

Jul 6, 2016, 1:41:25 PM7/6/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Jose, I'd be happy to assist in the repair and figuring out how to keep it from happening again. It would have to be after 7 weekdays or on the weekend though. I don't know how that figures into your schedule. Let me know if you need the help.