Minutes of 10/31's meeting

Andy Miller

Nov 1, 2017, 7:25:52 AM11/1/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace

 First Time Visitor Info
 Are there any 1st time visitors?  Tour at the end of Meeting.
 Waivers of Liability - Please sign if you have not already
 Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
 Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy!
 LVL1 Means of Communication
 Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
 Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
 You can find all of our Meeting Minutes on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
 Facebook, Twitter
 If you want to help with social media, see Brian
 Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or ''host a workshop''? Send email to le...@lvl1.org Anyone can receive the email!
 Something broken?  Email bro...@lvl1.org
 Culture of Cleanliness - Clean up after yourself.  Get a FREE Clorox Wipe!
 Includes clean tables, surfaces.
 T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!!  10 bucks a piece
 We have an Amazon Smile account.  PLEASE USE!  LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase. Shop at smile.amazon.com: pick us as your nonprofit; some proceeds come our way.

 Shoutouts
 Tim Miller - Leading the budget committee
 Tim and Jared for red tagging the bone yard

 Equipment and Supplies Wanted
 What do you need for that project you are making?

 Equipment Report
 One of the Prusa's 3d printer has a damaged bed,  The part is on order
 The part is on order for the shopbot.  I have followed up.

 Please clean up after yourself.
 If it breaks or needs replacing email bro...@lvl1.org. Even if it is a 1/8th inch drill bit!
Please EMAIL me your request with as much information as possible; i/e links to websites.  Consumables are difficult to return!
   Regular Weekly Meetups

MONDAY
     Night of The Hat (Fortnightly Mondays, next 11/13 @ 8 PM)  Learn to solder, work on Inter-hackerspace "Naval Strategy Game",
     Kittens, and open making.

     Louisville Soundbuilders (fortnightly Mondays, next meet up is 11/6 @ 8pm
TUESDAY
     LVL1 Open Meeting & Making (Tuesdays @ 8pm)
     Learn-a-thing before the Open Meeting - Yea Jared!
     Budget Committee Meeting led by Tim Miller 11/4, The committee will be discussing bylaw changes needed to implement the new budget
     Directors Meeting (3rd Tuesday of the month, Tonight is the Directors meeting 11/21 @ 9pm in classroom)

THURSDAY
     Derby Py Meetup  Discussion of Python related topics (4th Thursday of the month, next 10/26 @ 6:30)
     https://www.meetup.com/derbypy/ Meetup
 FRIDAY

 This Friday NOVEMBER 3rd is the Archer HACK-A-THON

     Irregular Movie and Open Build Night (Friday @ 8pm)
     or you could Watch a terrible movie and ignore your project!
     Or maybe work on your project and
     ignore a terrible movie... The choice is yours.
     Pizza and Chinese are usually ordered at approximately at 7:30p
     (~$7/person) Chinese is approx. (~$9/person)

     FRIDAY NIGHT is also Fix It Friday
      Bring your Broken stuff to Ben!

 Upcoming Workshops and Other Events

 CNC Certification class will be held Nov 6th and 9th.  10 dollars
 [[ArcherHackathon2017|Archer 41 Hour Marathon Hack-a-thon]] - 11/3 @ 8pm - 11/5 @ 12 noon - Make some awesome spy stuff!  We have a boneyard full of spy making materials.  Do you want ants? Because that is how you get ants. StirFryDay and Archer beverages provided. BYOPC - Bring Your Own Pimp Cup
 Open Sew and Sutchering - We have sewing machines, sergers and embroidery machines.  Nov 8th - 6pm - 9pm
 LED Workshop - Saturday 11/11 @ 10a -  Andy
 Nov 18 - LVL1 Purge and Cleanup day!  Getting another dumpster.  Boneyard work.  Red/Green Tags.  Member storage!  Fighting Entropy!
 Cuttlefish bone silver casting - Dec 3rd 3pm-5pm - Brian

 LVL1 Makership
 Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
 September Makership Application Deadline - Thursday, 11/30 @ 11:59 PM,  if you'd be interested in peer reviewing the applications and being on the Makership selection committee.
 Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of membership and $100 toward your project.
 Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership