LVL1: Getting Started

Daniel Johnsen

Apr 26, 2015, 1:42:55 PM4/26/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com
LVL1 is a community space full of tools to realize your project.  From laser cutters to 3D printers to sewing machines

We are often asked how to get involved and use the tools, space or just hang around makers. So how does one go about getting help? Or being involved? Or use a bandsaw or laser cutter? (hint visit the WIKI and look for the equipment page)

First, visit the space! We are an open community and offer access to anyone when members are present. LVL1’s calendar includes many recurring events such as our weekly open meeting Tuesdays at 8PM.  Some members regularly post when they will be at the space for longer periods of time, usually listed as Open Hours HH DD/MM/YY.

  • Visit, review & post items on the public Google Group
    • Be sure to review the search feature too, sometimes the answer may have already been provided by an earlier post
  • Consider joining for 24/7 access & other member perks
  • Review the WIKI for equipment how-tos or other specific LVL1 information
  • Review the calendar of events
  • Glance at our Flickr stream (and take pictures while you are in the space with the connected camera Oculus)
  • Like us on Facebook
  • Tweet to us on Twitter
  • Submit an application for the Makership program, a free 3 month membership & $100 stipend to help would-be makers experience the space and make progress on their project
  • Make a donation our Makership program
  • Amazon purchases: select LVL1 for a donation for purchases through their Smile program . Additional details.
  • If something breaks or malfunctions, which it will and we expect it to, simply email broken[at]LVL1[dot]org so we are aware of it and additional information that may help us replicate the issue.

Daniel Johnsen

Jun 10, 2015, 3:23:54 PM6/10/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com, daniel....@gmail.com
Update:

John Perry

Jan 12, 2016, 9:38:05 AM1/12/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Hello. I'm a theatre teacher at Atherton High School. I have some students interested in the space and we, along with one of the visual art teachers here at Atherton are wanting to tour the space and if possible, have someone show us what's available and a quick overview of how it all works. Is there anyone there that can do that? We are looking at visiting on Martin Luther King Day, Jan. 18.

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Andy Perry

Jared McNeil

Jan 12, 2016, 1:14:26 PM1/12/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Hey Perry, I'll message you off-list.
-Jared McNeil

Craig C Garner

Craig C Garner

Apr 17, 2017, 10:01:34 AM4/17/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

So, am I okay.  I like hanging out there once in a while to change my scenery for the game i am writing.  No, the unity guys can't help.  There might be some programmers.  Here is a link we just made yesterday.
https://discord.gg/U29tapK