Motor Scooters hacked without permisison - please return parts

Divinity Rose

May 31, 2017, 1:47:34 PM5/31/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Okay we need to evidently do a much better job at educating members and non-members of  what is boneyard and what is not.

I went to test batteries I finally got for my scooters, and my two scooters that are on the big member shelves have now been scavenged for parts and are  missing their wheels and have been left in wrecked state despite being right above a sign that says " THIS IS NOT BONE YARD." This is a big problem. These were planned to be used for the Mayor's Summer works program this summer where a team of youth were going to make them into something new.  With this being just weeks after a laptop being stolen from my MEMBER shelf, we have a big problem with people just doing whatever they want with no hopes of recovery of lost money or parts.

know people have been working on motorized projects lately at the space, but this is not cool - Are we going to have to moved to locked storage spaces? :(  If you scavenged my bikes, please return the parts and put them back on!!!

Michael Hammons

Jun 1, 2017, 12:24:07 PM6/1/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
This really is messed up.