Server Workstation for sale

Will Willham

Jul 24, 2017, 9:54:00ā€ÆAM7/24/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Z620 Server Workstation that has:

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2 3.5GHz
24 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K-2000 2GB
  • 384 Cuda Cores
  • 128 Bit
  • 64 GB/s Bandwidth
Nvidia Tesla K-20 5GB
  • TotalĀ single-precision floating point performance atĀ 3.52 TFLOP/sĀ and double-precision floating point performance atĀ 1.17 TFLOP/s.
  • 208 GB/s Bandwidth
  • 2496 Cores
  • 320 Bit
Ā Make offer....

bruce

Jul 24, 2017, 4:56:29ā€ÆPM7/24/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
what price are you looking for?

would this be useful for the group as a community resource?

Glenn Barrett

Jul 24, 2017, 5:07:41ā€ÆPM7/24/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I don't even have a ballpark idea for what this is worth but I'll start the bidding at $20 šŸ˜

Britt Dodd

Jul 24, 2017, 7:24:29ā€ÆPM7/24/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's MakerSpace
I have about $150Ā to spend for something like this...this would be cool for CAD work

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 9:52 AM, Will Willham <w.wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Z620 Server Workstation that has:
>
> Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2 3.5GHz
> 24 GB RAM
> Nvidia Quadro K-2000 2GB
>
> 384 Cuda Cores
> 128 Bit
> 64 GB/s Bandwidth
>
> Nvidia Tesla K-20 5GB
>
> Total single-precision floating point performance at 3.52 TFLOP/s and
> double-precision floating point performance at 1.17 TFLOP/s.
> 208 GB/s Bandwidth
> 2496 Cores
> 320 Bit
>
>Ā  Make offer....

bruce

Jul 24, 2017, 8:34:57ā€ÆPM7/24/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
would that b 150 for everything???
Ā would you take that?

Will Willham

Jul 25, 2017, 8:24:53ā€ÆAM7/25/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
@tombd This would be great as a community resource and I would be willing to sell it at a cheaper rate so all could use it, but unfortunately $150, is way to low.

@Britt Dodd Yeah... CAD, image processing, movie editing, 3D animation.... This is a Monster... Also great for computation and machine learning

@Glenn Barrett Lol... When I am in the market to buy something, I'll use you as my negotiator... I should land me a pretty sweet deal!!! šŸ˜

bruce

Jul 25, 2017, 8:39:31ā€ÆAM7/25/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com

Hey Will.

Why don't you come up with a figure. I'm willing to contribute to have it as a community resource provided it an be ssh'd into.

I suspect others would be willing to help pitch in as well.

I'm not sure if the "powers that be" would want it to be community/accessible though. I speak for no one but myself!

Let's get this going, if it can happen!

Brian Wagner

Jul 25, 2017, 9:25:11ā€ÆAM7/25/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's MakerSpace
LVL1 is a do-acracy.Ā  The only "powers that be" are the members.Ā  Our job as officers and directors is to remove barriers that keep you from learning, exploring and hacking.Ā  As long as it is safe, legal and will not harm others data.Ā  We are good with it.

Grand Nagus Brian

Brian Wagner

Jul 25, 2017, 9:26:08ā€ÆAM7/25/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's MakerSpace
and ethical

Will Willham

Jul 25, 2017, 11:40:17ā€ÆPM7/25/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Okay.... I did research on used sold listings to get a gauge on what I could realistically sell it for on eBay. Based on the components the average selling price would be $1105. Looking outside of eBay there are people trying to overcharge, so I chose not to consider those. With that said I was thinking... $900, with the $205 difference being my gift to everyone there that could benefit from using it.Ā

Will Willham

Jul 26, 2017, 10:32:01ā€ÆAM7/26/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Of course this number isn't set in stone, I'm very flexible, I just want to see it put to good use...

bruce

Jul 26, 2017, 4:52:10ā€ÆPM7/26/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Gut tells me you're going to part it out to ebay!!!

Doubt anyone here has the cash 800-900 for the box...

I was looking at us/gov auctions a little while ago... I could have
snatched 15-20 used dual core i5 4-6G laptops.. for like $700

If you decide you want to go lower, as you can't get rid of it.. I'd
go in with someone as a community tool.

peace

Will Willham

Jul 26, 2017, 5:25:15ā€ÆPM7/26/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I understand what you are saying regarding about any one particular... it is a lot of money to spend... I was thinking everyone pitching in for the good of the whole. We will just see how it plays out and see if anyone wants to do it that way. I already have an offer from a place in Illinois, but would rather LVL1 have it....Ā

bruce

Jul 26, 2017, 6:34:21ā€ÆPM7/26/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
you may as well ship it off to illinois!!

have fun with your $$$ !!

dont gamble it!

McCarthy, Patrick (GE Appliances, Non-GE)

Jul 27, 2017, 9:15:30ā€ÆAM7/27/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
A little harsh there...
I mean, he IS offering it to us.

By the way, Will... What was that thing used for? Graphics work, or BitCoin Mining?

bruce

Jul 27, 2017, 9:28:28ā€ÆAM7/27/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Pat...

Harsh really?? Hmm.. that wasn't my intent. Unfortunately, I'm not
sure the "group" as a whole would be able to raise that kind of cash,
and I'm not into "ripping" someone off. So, if he can get more $$$
(and $900 is a nice chunk of $$) by all means, go for it.. butI still
say don't gamble it!
Message has been deleted

Will Willham

Jul 27, 2017, 11:29:51ā€ÆAM7/27/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace, patrick....@geappliances.com

The workstation came out of the Lexington Airport, not really sure what they used it for, I have read the K20 card is good for climate and weather modeling, so maybe they used it for that. Maybe air traffic control stuff... I really don't know. I bought it with intentions to use it myself... more or less a crazy toy for me to test different things and see what I can get it to do. I have had health issues, so haven't really got to mess around with it. Anyway, maybe I didn't express myself well enough. I through that number out there as an initial thought, not trying to cause a bidding war, or seeing who has the deepest pockets. More like the opposite... not trying to profit from the members of LVL1, just trying to recoup some of the money I spent. So anyway before I contact this business in Illinois, I wanted to give everyone at LVL1 every opportunity I can. I guess I can drop it as low as $700, which is about $400 less than I could probably get for it and I will throw in (not really sure if there is a need for it)Ā HP Laserjet Enterprise 500 Color...

bruce

Jul 27, 2017, 2:05:39ā€ÆPM7/27/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Hey Will.

If I haven't come across as I intended let me apologze. I think what
you're doing is great/cool. Just that I dont think a lot of the lvl1
group has that kind of scratch. Would be great if we did!

I don't think you're reaching regarding the price.

And my statement about getting the $$ from illinois, wasn't meant as a
slam. It was a positive.. as in go get your $$$!!! and spend it well..
(just don't gamble!!) hehehe!!

Sorry to hear about your health, shout out if there's anything anyone
can do to help..

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Will Willham <w.wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The workstation came out of the Lexington Airport, not really sure what they
> used it for, I have read the K20 card is good for climate and weather
> modeling, so maybe they used it for that. Maybe air traffic control stuff...
> I really don't know. I bought it with intentions to use it myself... more or
> less a crazy toy for me to test different things and see what I can get it
> to do. I have had health issues, so haven't really got to mess around with
> it. Anyway, maybe I didn't express myself well enough. I through that number
> out there as an initial thought, not trying to cause a bidding war, or
> seeing who has the deepest pockets. More like the opposite... not trying to
> profit from the members of LVL1, just trying to recoup some of the money I
> spent. So anyway before I contact this business in Illinois, I wanted to
> give everyone at LVL1 every opportunity I can. I guess I can drop it as low
> as $700, which is about $400 less than I could probably get for it and I
> will throw in (not really sure if there is a need for it) HP Laserjet
> Enterprise 500 Color...
>

> On Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 9:15:30 AM UTC-4, McCarthy, Patrick (GE

cke...@outlook.com

Jul 27, 2017, 8:29:55ā€ÆPM7/27/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
i would only be able to spend 500 on it. it would be great when i start working on my ccnp