Main room changes that need input

Cody M

Nov 20, 2016, 5:51:26 PM11/20/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Hey guys, Cody here. I've got some ideas for the main room that I need your input about!

First off I'd like to start with the tables. Right now the tables have this little fin on the ends that serve no purpose whats so ever. Currently they are in the way. By removing these we can either center them up on the polls, OR we can move the tables into one long table.
what I mean by this is put all 3 tables side by side right in front of the projector board. Kind of like what we had going on at the old space. The Pro's in this idea is that I would be rerouting the power sources so that the power strips are screwed into 1 spot. (Blocking the annoying hole in the middle of the table that we lose our tiny things in.) But also by rerouting the power strips we can reduce if not get rid of the wires all over the floors that cause tripping hazards as well as unwanted chair breaks. Another plus by making these tables lined up is it will make the space MUCH more open. The chairs will stay closer to the tables rather then in our 4 walkways we currently have. So my question for you guys is, should I cut these ends off to make the tables line up flush (again these ends serve no structural purpose) Also, what is your input on moving the tables and rerouting the unsafe power strips? Should we try the new idea for 2 weeks and see how it works out? We can always move things back to the original spot! If you could think of any Cons to this  idea please do list them. thanks!

This is an image of the fin I'm talking about cutting off the table. Currently it would keep the tables from sitting side by side flush.

Jynn

Nov 20, 2016, 5:52:44 PM11/20/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Id be down with removing the weird fins.    Currently the giant wooden tables are the only two that can be used effectively for certain things (cutting fabric, large projects, etc) because the rest have a silly wall in the way.

On Sunday, November 20, 2016 at 5:51:26 PM UTC-5, Cody M wrote:
Hey guys, Cody here. I've got some ideas for the main room that I need your input about!...

Divinity Rose

Nov 20, 2016, 5:55:00 PM11/20/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com

I'd be down if they don't add some sort of leverage to keep weight of tables from falling over

Andy Miller

Nov 23, 2016, 11:44:29 AM11/23/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I wouldn't mind if you would cut them off

Ben Hibben

Nov 23, 2016, 12:54:48 PM11/23/16
to lvl1
The room is more open the way it was changed; I've got no objections to this plan either.

Blenster

McCarthy, Patrick (GE Appliances, Non-GE)

Nov 23, 2016, 1:22:07 PM11/23/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com

The Image really does not indicate what part you are talking about.

All I see (I think) is the riser that .. well… stiffens the desk surface(Grey, with wires hanging out of it) and a spreader that keeps the table square over its legs…(White)

Cut off the former, the tabletop ends up tilting off to 1 side, then snapping off. Cut off the later, the entire table ends up doing an imitation of a parallelogram as it collapses.

Since neither of those 2 options make sense, I am assuming I am missing something.

(Perhaps one of the boards leaning up against the table is a “fin” of some type?)

Patrick McCarthy

Office 502-452-4071

Mobile 502-939-1756

Divinity Rose

Nov 23, 2016, 1:25:40 PM11/23/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com

He means the piece of wood that runs along the center of the table and sticks out a couple feet to the side of the