Drone Race League

Wai Lam

May 21, 2015, 12:53:37 PM5/21/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com
The Drone User Group that have been meeting at LVL1 just started the Drone Race League. We are hosting our first League Race Day on UofL Shelby Campus (we have approval) on May 31st.

You can bring your own equipment or rent the league's equipment or just come down and watch.

We hope some of you come down and check it out.

Michael Hammons

May 23, 2015, 8:49:32 PM5/23/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Guys need to be careful a buddy of mine got a ticket for flying his drone at water front park, it seems 90% oh the city of Louisville is a NO drone fly zone.

John Howard

May 24, 2015, 12:34:54 AM5/24/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com

Will he share the specifics of the ticket? Did he fly over the height of the expressway? I could see where that could be frowned on there.

Does anyone know where to find the drone restrictions? I tried a quick search and didn't come up with anything.

On May 23, 2015 8:49 PM, "Michael Hammons" <gothicgeekp...@gmail.com> wrote:
Guys need to be careful a buddy of mine got a ticket for flying his drone at water front park, it seems 90% oh the city of Louisville is a NO drone fly zone.

brian

May 24, 2015, 8:05:27 AM5/24/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com
You may check with Louisville Metro Parks to see which parks restrict RC aircraft which includes multirotors (drones).  Many of them do.

Brian