RE: {LVL1} Re: Looking to borrow a chain hoist to remove the large riser from Bridgeport milling machine

瀏覽次數:36 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

McCarthy, Patrick (GE Appliances, Non-GE)

未讀,
2016年10月25日 上午9:50:342016/10/25
收件者:lv...@googlegroups.com

I was thinking the same thing… That beast is GINORMOUS but it has a home where it is… Power (mostly) local, and it is fine.

The only reason there’s a pallet there is because it was not taken off while we were still VERY gun shy about standing water (Remember the old space? We put EVERYTHING on pallets)

I think that taking the pallet out from under it, and removing the riser, would be 2 good things.

If we ever need to move it, a chain fall will be required, so making step 1 lifting it and putting a STURDY pallet under it for the move would not post a problem.

That thing is NOT intended to be moved…. EVER. Making something to give it the ability…. Kinda like adding a skid under the Washington monument… “just in case”

Patrick McCarthy

Office 502-452-4071

Mobile 502-939-1756