Bath Bomb class

Amy

Feb 21, 2018, 2:27:33 PM2/21/18
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I am interested in having a class on how to make bath bombs on March 17 from 10 AM to 12 noon in the LVL1 classroom.  I have some people that have already expressed interest in the class and I plan to have it on that date and time with them.  I am not planning on selling tickets to the event for the public unless more people express interest.  If you are interested in coming to such a class, please make a comment to this thread. Thank you.

Amy

Feb 21, 2018, 3:35:07 PM2/21/18
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Someone mentioned that people might not know what a bath bomb is:   Another term for bath bomb might be bath fizzies.

From wikipedia -- Bath bombs are hard-packed mixtures of dry ingredients which effervesce when wet. They are used to add essential oils, scent, bubbles or color to bathwater.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_bomb

more information about what a bath bomb is can be found at this website: https://www.lushusa.com/bath/bath-bombs/

Brian Wagner

Feb 21, 2018, 5:11:48 PM2/21/18
to LVL1 - Louisville's MakerSpace
Sounds like fun.  Ill help out.  Can you make bourbon, beer or margarita bath bombs?

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 2:27 PM, Amy <apsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am interested in having a class on how to make bath bombs on March 17 from 10 AM to 12 noon in the LVL1 classroom.  I have some people that have already expressed interest in the class and I plan to have it on that date and time with them.  I am not planning on selling tickets to the event for the public unless more people express interest.  If you are interested in coming to such a class, please make a comment to this thread. Thank you.

Amy Shah

Feb 21, 2018, 5:13:23 PM2/21/18
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Sure! Why not? Thanks!!

Amy

Feb 21, 2018, 8:36:56 PM2/21/18
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I have to change the time of the bath bomb class to 11 AM to 2 PM (on the same day March 17 ) because of a conflicting event I have. This time period should include the clean up time.

Kevin Price

Feb 21, 2018, 9:08:58 PM2/21/18
to lv...@googlegroups.com
So a bath bomb is more complicated than dropping potassium into a bath tub. Good to know.

McCarthy, Patrick (GE Appliances, Non-GE)

Feb 22, 2018, 9:50:05 AM2/22/18
to lv...@googlegroups.com

I thought it was the effect you get if your kids are taking a bath after having beans for dinner 😊

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Patrick McCarthy

T  +1.502.452.4071

M +1.502.939.1756

Amy

Mar 2, 2018, 2:35:47 PM3/2/18
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Our Bath Bomb class for March 17 is rather full, but some people possibly still have interest in attending.   I can set up a second class and sell tickets with eventbrite if the one on March 17 goes well.  This is a nice class to do with late elementary school and middle school kids.    I recently made 3 color bath bombs with a friend of the family who is in 5th grade.  She had a really good time.

Amy

Mar 15, 2018, 8:25:03 PM3/15/18
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Just FYI/reminder: Bath bomb class being held on Saturday Mar 17 in the LVL1 Classroom from 11 AM to 2PM. Nonmembers, Space will be open then.

Amy

Mar 18, 2018, 5:49:54 AM3/18/18
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
The bath bomb class was tremendously successful!!  Thanks to all who came.  Next bath bomb class will be part of the Makerfaire series.  Tentatively will be held on Aug 22 in the LVL1 Classroom from 6-10 pm

Amy

Mar 18, 2018, 6:25:55 AM3/18/18
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I just saw this post on meet up.com World Create Day.  World Create Day was March 17 so I guess inadvertently the space celebrated it with the bath bomb class yesterday.

Brian Wagner

Mar 18, 2018, 11:42:12 AM3/18/18
to LVL1 - Louisville's MakerSpace
Congratulations!  Way to represent us!