Laser Cutter

Luke Guhy

Jun 15, 2016, 3:09:04 PM6/15/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Couple questions about the laser cutter..

Can it cut steel?
If so, how thick?
Will there be anyone there sometime this week or next that could make sure I know what Im doing? I've used the one at first build but I'm not sure if they are the same.

Thanks,

Luke Guhy

Ben Hibben

Jun 15, 2016, 3:11:31 PM6/15/16
to lvl1
Our current laser cutters cannot cut steel.  We have other metal-cutting tools, however.

Blenster

Divinity Rose

Jun 15, 2016, 3:13:29 PM6/15/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com

And it unless something has changed since Monday Eve, it was temporarily out of commission due to water in exhaust

Liam Boyle

Jun 15, 2016, 4:12:33 PM6/15/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Hell, if LVL 1 had the equipment to handle. 250" 80crv2, 5160, and 1095 I would probably move in ;-)

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® 4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone