digitalocean / scaleway -- anyone use them??

bruce

May 9, 2018, 4:13:10 PM5/9/18
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Hey.

Anyone use digitalocean/scaleway for testing/setting up cloud/remote
processes? Anyone have skills with the different APIs to remotely
generate/delete the instances from the command line "curl"

Thanks

Greg Miller

May 10, 2018, 9:59:39 AM5/10/18
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I use Digital Ocean, but don't use the API.  Just moved to them from Godaddy after evaluating a lot of others, it seems to have a good combination of price, performance, and stability.

bruce

May 11, 2018, 8:33:43 AM5/11/18
to lv...@googlegroups.com, gmi...@gregmiller.net
Hey Greg

Thanks for the reply.

I've got a process using digitalocean that uses multiple diigtlaocean
(DO) instances/droplets as fetch/parse nodes. The process spins
up/down the different nodes with the target logic running on the nodes
as required to crawl sites.

The process uses some really basic (ugly) php/python to access the DO
API to create the required droplets/vms using the curl process.

I'm considering testing/switching to Scaleway, as Scaleway has the
same cheap instance for $2.5/mth. However there would be the
"switching" cost of converting the logic/apps I have that interface
with the API.

If anyone wants to discuss this and perhaps rise to the challenge for
a few $$$ let's talk!

And again, if I can help anyone with their given project/tasks let me know!

-bruce