CNC router

Ben Aroh

Jul 9, 2015, 1:45:01 PM7/9/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!

I'm a Louisville woodworker- and have recently purchased a CNC router - but I need some advice.
I'm currently in the midst of a Kickstarter campaign and its doing quite well.. but I'm afraid that I will end up needing a larger machine if I'm going to produce the product commercially.

I would love to meet up with someone who has some experience with this type of thing. This is my current machine.  But it only has a router- no spindle, no ATC, no vacuum hold down

If anyone is willing to help point me in the right direction, I would love to chat!

Ben Aroh

Sarah LaBarge

Jul 13, 2015, 2:06:45 AM7/13/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Did anyone call?

We have some people working on updating our current setup, Brian Wagner is one of them

open meetings/tours/dinner every Tues at 8 if you want to ask a group

Calvin Miracle

Jul 13, 2015, 11:04:16 AM7/13/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Brian W. demonstrated on Sunday that the computer on the 48" kit router would indeed boot up and display
it's Linux desktop --- but only for less than a minute!  Then, blank..

So we suspect an overheat condition. It has probably ingested a lot of sawdust through its fans. The next step
(for me on Tuesday) is to pull that computer and ShopVac it out, dust it out with office gas, and see how it
goes.

Overheat condition may also be caused by the heat sink on the CPU having been jostled, thereby breaking
the heat sink compound connection. If that's the case, solution: remove heat sink, wipe off remaining compound
with isopropyl alcohol, reapply compound. I have some of that stuff at the L-Bench.

Could also be a bad power supply. We'll see..  So the large-table CNC router is starting to get some attention.

-- Calvin