Re: {LVL1} Digest for lvl1@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 2 topics

Robert Raymond

Nov 26, 2016, 10:13:23 AM11/26/16
to lvl1
I have the serial port built into the motherboard.  I set the 7 2 even in the device manager.  The computer recieves from the machine.  The machine will not accept a file and give parity H alarm.  I am using cadem program to send to the computer.
Bob

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 4:46 PM, <lv...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
tyler martin <tdma...@gmail.com>: Nov 25 04:45PM -0500

FYI

Power is currently out at the space (and surrounding area). It has been
reported to LG&E.

Tyler
Luslugger <lusl...@gmail.com>: Nov 25 10:28AM -0800

The one bit did not work. Are you available to come to my machine shop and
tinker with my rs-232- problem? I am at 502-452-9851.
'Bob Setree

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 12:37:47 PM UTC-5, Luslugger wrote:
Greg Miller <gmi...@gregmiller.net>: Nov 25 04:20PM -0500

Those are odd settings for a serial port, but a quick search shows
they're probably correct. The usual configuration for a serial port is
8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity. If you're using a USB to serial
converter, it's possible the non-standard settings are confusing it.
Also, I had an issue with one of my telescopes using a USB to serial
adapter where it was buffering the data, and I was only able to get it
to work using a PC with a "real" built in serial port. Another thing is
that on Windows there's often two places to configure the serial port,
in Device Manager, and in the software using the serial port, they all
need to be set to the same settings. Also make sure the cable isn't
being routed near a motor or any other place where it could get magnetic
interference.

The best way to debug the issue would be with an oscilloscope or a RS232
sniffer.