This is WRONG on soooo many levels

Everseeker

May 23, 2016, 11:35:19 AM5/23/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
(Saw this on the Oculus feed...)
Inline image 1
2016-05-23_11-31-05.png

Divinity Rose

May 23, 2016, 11:36:11 AM5/23/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com

Wth? Is it deleted?

On May 23, 2016 11:35 AM, "Everseeker" <evers...@gmail.com> wrote:
(Saw this on the Oculus feed...)
Inline image 1

Everseeker

May 23, 2016, 12:24:37 PM5/23/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lvl1/26396290453/in/photostream/
Nope. Still there
(Poor Horse... never saw it coming)

{Note to Self - NEVER Use a toothbrush sourced from LVL1}

Divinity Rose

May 23, 2016, 12:29:16 PM5/23/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com

I'll delete it

Divinity Rose

May 23, 2016, 12:29:23 PM5/23/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com

Can you delete this thread? It's just as public as oculus

Everseeker

May 23, 2016, 1:03:46 PM5/23/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Wait-What?

Noooooo!!!! That was not my intent.
I found it to be funny as heck. It is classic!
It should be preserved for Posterity
(Not Posterior-ity )

Divinity Rose

May 23, 2016, 1:10:37 PM5/23/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
okay - well, whatever

Nothing but the best,

Divinity Rose, Experience Engineer
Engineering unique and engaging live, video and interactive technology experiences
Award Winning Author, Entertainer (humorist), Director, Producer
Available for Producing live events, conferences, videos and other projects
Available for Fun Speaking Engagements or Events for your Organization
Entertain. Enlighten. Empower.

ginnyjollykidd .

May 23, 2016, 7:17:20 PM5/23/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com

I'm sorry, I don't think it's very funny. It's not terribly excellent and can send a bad message about us to the public.

I would prefer to delete it.
Thanks.
Ginny

Divinity Rose

May 23, 2016, 7:27:05 PM5/23/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com

That's what I thought the point of this thread was

Everseeker

May 24, 2016, 10:05:31 AM5/24/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
OK, I began this thread, so I suppose I should add my 2 cents on the current direction...

When looking at the site, I noticed a rather -unorthodox- use of an electric toothbrush. It IS a valid use (The Vibrating motor, the balance plate on the back end, the positioning of the feet = a self propelled toy)
Even so, I found the image to be... well... Humorous enough to repost.
My use of "Wrong" was not an indication of displeasure, but of seeing something really odd... (Ref: Bad...Phat....Cool...etc as examples of words not meaning what they may appear to)

Moving beyond this specific example... I am SERIOUSLY against censoring ourselves in ANY way. We might find ourselves needing to go thru all of our online content, deleting anything not strictly G rated (Or not in line with the PC notion de jour)

However, I am one voice. Taking the discussion "inside" to gather the group's thoughts.

Matt B.

May 24, 2016, 9:28:16 PM5/24/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com

I'm also against censorship as lvl1 is not really a family-friendly place anyway.