Looking for STEMish related volunteering opportunities

Nicholas Richter

Sep 17, 2017, 5:04:19 PM9/17/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Hello, I'm a Junior at Atherton High School and need to complete service hours. I'm looking for STEM related activities (Building, fixing, making, or what else) that you guys may know of where I can volunteer. I am aware of the science center but am looking for more smaller places to volunteer at. Any input is appreciated.

Amy

Sep 17, 2017, 8:46:23 PM9/17/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
A couple of posts ago Nicholas was needing help with the garduino which I think is a great project. Maybe you could help him?

I think the concept is to make a garden apparatus that monitors humidity and maybe helps waters plants. You might be interested in that because it's really practical and can help a lot of people

Amy

Sep 17, 2017, 8:47:39 PM9/17/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Sorry I meant Zachary Ray wrote that post about needing help with garduino

Divinity Rose

Sep 17, 2017, 8:54:10 PM9/17/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Nicholas.

Do you need a rep at an official non-profit to sign off on the hours? Youthbuild often has build projects going on. Lvl1 may have something, though someone would have to volunteer to be there when you are and sign off on your hours, etc as you have to have a member present and a guardian over 18.

Divinity Rose
Award Winning Performer, Writer, Producer
Engineering unique and engaging live, video and interactive technology experiences for education, marketing and entertainment.

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 8:47 PM, Amy <amy.pra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry I meant Zachary Ray wrote that post about needing help with garduino

David Ortiz-Grob

Sep 18, 2017, 9:54:38 AM9/18/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Youthbuild?