Requesting volunteers for a STEM area at Boy Scouts 100th Anniversary event

Sarah Flowers

Jul 26, 2016, 10:21:07 AM7/26/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace

Good Morning,  my name is Sarah Flowers and I work for the Boy Scouts, I just finished up a STEM day camp working with Danielle.

I am also planning an amazing 100th Anniversary Celebration; in 2010 Boy Scouts of America turned 100; in 2016 Lincoln Heritage Council is turning 100.   I would love to have a STEM area set up so that kids could experience some fun activities, I am open to ideas and suggestions on what would be best.  We have A LOT of resource (ask Danielle :))  we could do snap circuits, Makey Makey, ozobots, etc.  The event is the weekend of October 14-16 with the activities area open on Saturday October 15th.

I would need one person from Level 1 to be the coordinator of people and activities.  The station would be open from 8:30-5:00 on Saturday October 15th, at E P Tom Sawyer State park we would suggest a rotation of folks so that folks can get breaks vs a few folks working all day.

You could also put out flyers or information about Level 1, this way the folks who come to your area can learn more about what you guys on the regular :).

I hope this is something that excites you and your group!  If you have any questions please email me at sarah....@scouting.org or call 502-400-5362.

Ben Hibben

Jul 26, 2016, 12:11:09 PM7/26/16
to lvl1
Charles and I happen to sell customizeable soldering kits for STEM programs like this if you're interested.

Blenster

Sarah Flowers

Sep 16, 2016, 10:34:22 AM9/16/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Good morning, just wanted to follow up with you guys to see if we are able to get a few volunteers to come out to help in our STEM area!

Please let me know, via email sarah....@scouting.org or Clint Scharff at clint....@scouting.org