Minutes - 12/5

Andy Miller

Dec 6, 2017, 10:49:27 AM12/6/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
 First Time Visitor Info
 Are there any 1st time visitors?  Tour at the end of Meeting.
 Waivers of Liability - Please sign if you have not already
 Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
 Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy!
 LVL1 Means of Communication
 Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
 Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
 You can find all of our Meeting Minutes on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
 Facebook, Twitter
 Google Hangout https://hangouts.google.com/group/KrvEvKVKapRzznlh2
 Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or ''host a workshop''? Send email to le...@lvl1.org Anyone can receive the email!
 Something broken?  Email bro...@lvl1.org
 dire...@lvl1.org if you have a need to contact those "in charge"
 Culture of Cleanliness - Clean up after yourself.  Get a FREE Clorox Wipe!
 Includes clean tables, surfaces.
 T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!!  10 bucks a piece
 We have an Amazon Smile account.  PLEASE USE!  LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase. Shop at smile.amazon.com: pick us as your nonprofit; some proceeds come our way.

 Shoutouts Brian and everyone for attending the Cuddlebone/pewter class

 Equipment and Supplies Wanted
 What do you need for that project you are making?

 Equipment Report
 The Shop vac has arrived for the metal shop
 If it breaks or needs replacing email bro...@lvl1.org. Even if it is a 1/8th inch drill bit!
Please EMAIL me your request with as much information as possible; i/e links to websites.  Consumables are difficult to find sometimes and I am not a mind reader!

   Regular Weekly Meetups

MONDAY
Night of The Hat (Fortnightly Mondays, next 12/11 @ 8 PM)  Learn to solder, work on Inter-hackerspace "Naval Strategy Game",
Kittens, and open making.

Louisville Sound builders (fortnightly Mondays, next meet up is 12/18/2017 @ 8pm
TUESDAY
LVL1 Open Meeting & Making (Tuesdays @ 8pm)
Learn-a-thing before the Open Meeting - Yea Jared!
Directors Meeting (3rd Tuesday of the month, Directors meeting is 12/19 @ 9pm in classroom)

THURSDAY
Derby Py Meetup  Discussion of Python related topics next meeting  is 12/7 @ 6:30)
https://www.meetup.com/derbypy/ Meetup

 FRIDAY

Irregular Movie and Open Build Night (Friday @ 8pm)
or you could Watch a terrible movie and ignore your project!
Or maybe work on your project and
ignore a terrible movie... The choice is yours.
Pizza and Chinese are usually ordered at approximately at 7:30p
(~$7/person) Chinese is approx. (~$9/person)

FRIDAY NIGHT is also Fix It Friday
 Bring your Broken stuff to Ben!

 Upcoming Workshops and Elections

LVL1.org Christmas Party December 15th 2017 7:30p
 Movie -  "Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer"
 Food will be provided, unless there are 100 of yuh!
 Bring Desert and veggies!

 White Elephant Hack-a-Thon 8pm Friday till Saturday 8pm.
" Charles will explain"

Time for nominations!
  Here are the 7 positions:
  4 officers: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer
  3 directors-at-large

Submit nominations on the Lvl1.org google group message board (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/lvl1-members/PAZ22wu2SNQ) until Tuesday, Jan. 9th

The official vote will occur Tuesday, January 16th, at the 8PM meeting

Minimum requirements for officers/directors

 Must currently be a member
 Must have been a member for at least 6 consecutive months prior to the vote
 Must fulfill the duties for each position as required in the bylaws

Budget Meeting 12/12/2017  in the classroom 9pm

 LVL1 Makership
 Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
 September Makership Application Deadline - Thursday, 12/31 @ 11:59 PM,  if you'd be interested in peer reviewing the applications and being on the Makership selection committee.
 Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of membership and $100 toward your project.
 Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership

 SHOW AND TELL!

 HACK ON!
 See Andy for t-shirts!
 tours

 Meeting Notes
 Attendance:
 Meeting Start:
 Meeting Stop:
 Tour Guide:
 Notes Taken:

Tim VanSant

Dec 8, 2017, 2:06:18 PM12/8/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
So I can update the website:
The Christmas party is on the calendar for 22 December 6:00pm - 11:00pm, not 15 December at 7:30pm. Which is correct?
No dates given for the white elephant hack-a-thon and it's not on the calendar.

Andy Miller

Dec 8, 2017, 2:22:15 PM12/8/17
to lvl1
Correct