Shopbot: Event - CNC Build of Tables

Daniel Johnsen

Aug 8, 2016, 5:28:04 PM8/8/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I'll be giving a demo & overview and possible sign off for people that want to learn the Shopbot at least twice this month.

The item we'll be working with is a build of one of these 2 tables for the classroom (either the lean desk or team desk, haven't decided yet, need to take measurements & costs):

A donation for materials is appreciated for attendance as we will use the end product in the classroom once complete.  Each table requires 4 sheets of wood, making each table no less than $250 to construct.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 1:30-3:30PM

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:30-9PM:

I doubt we'll finish one during the time, but since there are 4 sheets to cut there should be plenty of items for learning how to cut, zero and do other things with the machine & software.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Daniel

ckeo...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2016, 2:48:48 PM8/9/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
i would like to learn how to set it up and use it. is there a cost getting signed off on using it?

Daniel Johnsen

Aug 9, 2016, 4:32:37 PM8/9/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Right now we suggest that for the build & learning session attendees contribute to the cost in a 'pay what you want' scenario.

Currently the Shopbot is limited to members only that have been trained/signed off.  Unfortunately due to the complexity of the machine non-members are unable to operate it independently.  Members are able to request sign off by one of the experienced ShopBot users.

I'd recommend coming in and working with it during this time -- I'll share what I'm doing, why and allow for hands on experience; all while building a usable table for the space!

If there's a particular piece that you'd like to cut outside of this, just use this forum and one of the experienced users (including me) would share a time & date where we could help gain access to the machine.