Spinny McLatheface is down due to abuse

Ben Hibben

May 22, 2018, 11:22:08 PM5/22/18
to lvl1-m...@googlegroups.com, lvl1
The metal lathe is now broken and after examining it tonight with David it appears to have been abused.

This is not excellent behavior folks.

The metal lathe is now set on "broken" status and should not be used until David and I have a chance to take apart the movement mechanism and see how badly damaged it is.  We will place a sign on Spinny McLatheface to indicate this status.

While we encourage folks to jump in and learn tools we do hope you will do enough research to know how to use the tool correctly and, failing that, you will report the problem to bro...@lvl1.org rather than just walk away from a broken machine.

Thank for your attention and HACK ON!

Blenster

David Ortiz-Grob

May 23, 2018, 9:52:24 AM5/23/18
to lv...@googlegroups.com, lvl1-m...@googlegroups.com
I wouldn't be so mad if whoever did the damage had come clean about what happened so that we could fix instead of me needing to do some power wheels turning and finding it out of commission.

Come on people. We're better than this. We need to be better than this. Cameras suck and i don't want to have to request one for the bunker.

The shop was also in very bad shape beyond the steel tubing and junk I admittedly had left laying around. There were expensive tool holders left sitting in pools of water on the floor, sensitive measuring equipment dumped in piles of magnetic dust on the bench and other important bits left where you wouldn't set them down even for a moment if you cared about them.

This is not excellent.