my router D-Link DIR-632 Wireless-N 8-Port Router drops service

Luslugger

Aug 26, 2015, 3:26:20 PM8/26/15
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
  I have D-Link DIR-632 Wireless-N 8-Port Router.  It doesn't renew and I have to turn the power on and off to get it to renew and work again.  I need the service to be active 24 hrs per day so that I can see the security cameras. Does anyone have suggestions to fix the dir-632?    Suggestions for a new router?
Bob Setree

Craig Garner

Aug 26, 2015, 3:32:00 PM8/26/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com
It may not have the memory to handle all the connections...

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Luslugger <lusl...@gmail.com> wrote:
  I have D-Link DIR-632 Wireless-N 8-Port Router.  It doesn't renew and I have to turn the power on and off to get it to renew and work again.  I need the service to be active 24 hrs per day so that I can see the security cameras. Does anyone have suggestions to fix the dir-632?    Suggestions for a new router?
Bob Setree

Brian Wagner

Aug 26, 2015, 4:58:50 PM8/26/15
to LVL1 - Louisville's MakerSpace
update the firmware.  plug the router into a light timer so it can auto reboot every so often.

Craig Garner

Aug 26, 2015, 5:33:46 PM8/26/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Interesting idea :)