Anyone got a CR2032 battery holder?

Joseph

Nov 8, 2017, 12:40:26 PM11/8/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
This is one of those things where it's cheaper to order 20 even though you just need 1, so I figured somebody might have done that and would be willing to part with one. Would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Joseph

Charles Sperbeck

Nov 8, 2017, 1:05:04 PM11/8/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com

Greg Miller

Nov 8, 2017, 3:24:20 PM11/8/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
What kind do you need?  I should have some of the type that solder directly to a PCB.  I do have some that are battery boxes with leads coming out, but I'm not sure if I have any for the CR2032.  I'll check when I get home.

Joseph

Nov 8, 2017, 4:37:22 PM11/8/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I think the solderable kind would work best, but either kind is fine. If it turns out you don't have them, no big deal. It turns out I'm going to have to order some other stuff anyway.

Thanks!

Ben Hibben

Nov 8, 2017, 9:17:14 PM11/8/17
to lvl1
Charles and I have a lot of these; we can spare a couple for you.  Through hole or surface mount?

Blenster

Greg Miller

Nov 8, 2017, 10:18:46 PM11/8/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I've got about 50+ of the two types linked below, which is way more than I'll ever need.  So if you need some to play with while your order comes in just say so.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10PCS-CR2032-2032-3V-Cell-Coin-Battery-Socket-Holder-Case-CE6-NA/192356608357
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Contact-Clip-SMD-for-CR2032-Coin-Cell-battery-Pack-of-5/301986907558

Joseph

Nov 8, 2017, 10:30:33 PM11/8/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Thanks, everybody!

Yeah, so I guess whoever can drop a couple on my member shelf next time you're down there that'd be awesome. The thing we're making is ideally as flat as possible. Through-hole is good if it's flat and battery pack is good if the pins would cause it to stick up, but I can work with whatever.

Thanks again!

Ben Hibben

Nov 9, 2017, 4:11:24 PM11/9/17
to lvl1
The ones we have are designed to be soldered to a PCB; do you ne a self-contained unit?  I may have misunderstood what you were looking for.

Blenster

Greg Miller

Nov 9, 2017, 10:32:29 PM11/9/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I'll drop some off in the next day or two.

Greg Miller

Nov 11, 2017, 3:44:31 PM11/11/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Couldn't find your shelf, so I left them on mine in a small zip lock bag

Joseph Clagg

Nov 11, 2017, 4:54:31 PM11/11/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Awesome. Thank you so much!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace" group.