Home Automation

AJ

Oct 30, 2017, 12:07:02 PM10/30/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I have a DSC security system in my house with an EnvisaLink 4. It has a key fob that I can use to arm/disarm.

I also have a Samsung SmartThings, but may be buying a VeraPlus controller soon to replace it since it has easier integration with the DSC panel.

One thing I am trying to figure out how to attack is using my car's garage door opener buttons to arm/disarm the system. I don't have a garage. I tried to get the car to mimic the key fob signal, but no luck.

The only way I would know how to do this is to buy a zwave garage door opener and use the triggers to arm/disarm. Does anyone have any experience with alarm systems and would know of a different route?

Sean McPherson

Oct 30, 2017, 2:14:23 PM10/30/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Most built-in car garage door buttons are Homelink. You can do some searching on Homelink to get started, but there are ‘generic’ Homelink bridges out there.

Sean