logging out of personal accounts on public computers

Tim VanSant

Apr 14, 2016, 9:34:14 PM4/14/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I've been spending a fair amount of time on the computer at the vinyl cutter the last few weeks. Three or four people have signed into their Google accounts and one was signed into their Facebook account -- and then walked away. Nefarious persons might have taken advantage of those opportunities to wreak havoc on the accounts. I signed them out each time, but it seems a reminder might be in order that logging out (and closing your Inkscape files and storing the rolls of vinyl you used) should be a part of cleaning up after yourself.

Divinity Rose

Apr 14, 2016, 10:52:29 PM4/14/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
My bad. I was running late and dashed out. I too signed the person before me out of FB. Thanks for the reminder.

On Thursday, April 14, 2016, Tim VanSant <tvan...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've been spending a fair amount of time on the computer at the vinyl cutter the last few weeks. Three or four people have signed into their Google accounts and one was signed into their Facebook account -- and then walked away. Nefarious persons might have taken advantage of those opportunities to wreak havoc on the accounts. I signed them out each time, but it seems a reminder might be in order that logging out (and closing your Inkscape files and storing the rolls of vinyl you used) should be a part of cleaning up after yourself.

Nothing but the best,

Divinity Rose, Experience Engineer
Engineering unique and engaging live, video and interactive technology experiences
Award Winning Author, Entertainer (humorist), Director, Producer
Available for Producing live events, conferences, videos and other projects
Available for Fun Speaking Engagements or Events for your Organization
Entertain. Enlighten. Empower.

Aaron VerDow

Apr 14, 2016, 11:27:26 PM4/14/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Please use incognito mode!  It's not just for porn; it will protect your personal accounts on public computers by forgetting your session when the browser closes.  Eventually I'll make some posters to advertise this.

tyler martin

Apr 14, 2016, 11:30:30 PM4/14/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com

Control-Shift-N !!!!!

Lockadoc

Apr 15, 2016, 12:10:20 AM4/15/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for keeping an eye out for the membership, it might be time to bring out the wet noodle and start whipping us, to get us to be more excellent to the space.

Bill S
Sent from my iPhone

Brian Wagner

Apr 15, 2016, 6:43:07 AM4/15/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's MakerSpace
 incognito mode!  It's not just for porn;

^^^^^^^^^
This would make a good t-shirt

Raj

Apr 15, 2016, 4:37:55 PM4/15/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
What they should do is add Control-Shift-P to access incognito mode, in addition to Control-Shift-N.  That way, you could tell someone it's Control-Shift-PorN.  Now that's a t-shirt!

Specifically, one for Jose to wear in public.

-- Raj

On Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:30 PM, tyler martin <tdma...@gmail.com> wrote:

Control-Shift-N !!!!!

Divinity Rose

bruce

Apr 15, 2016, 7:58:46 PM4/15/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
only if you could get cruz or trump to wear one!!

Matt B.

Apr 16, 2016, 1:34:01 PM4/16/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com

It actually is ctrl-shift-P for Internet Explorer iirc