"We" need to make this!

Brian Wagner

Mar 10, 2015, 9:34:36 AM3/10/15
to LVL1 - Louisville's MakerSpace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l12Z85nL3XQ

It would make a great showcase project for a makerfaire.  Watch the video.

Jason

Mar 10, 2015, 9:41:54 AM3/10/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com
i can donate a kinect, now you need a projector and  a computer to run it.

Christopher Cprek

Mar 10, 2015, 9:45:53 AM3/10/15
to lvl1
I have an old projector I'll donate.

Brad Luyster

Mar 10, 2015, 9:49:41 AM3/10/15
to lvl1

Brian Wagner

Mar 10, 2015, 4:49:43 PM3/10/15
to LVL1 - Louisville's MakerSpace
The 7th grade geography teacher at KCD is really interested in this project.  Perhaps KCD and LVL1 can build it together over a weekend.  I will see what I can do to facilitate the project.

Jason

Mar 10, 2015, 6:12:39 PM3/10/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Great, I would be happy to help.

Daniel Johnsen

Mar 22, 2015, 11:21:13 AM3/22/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I dropped of a Kinect today donated by Dave Campbell.  It is on the shelf behind the design workstation.  The device can be used for this or other projects as long as it stays with LVL1.

Doug Mangels

Mar 22, 2015, 8:04:04 PM3/22/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com
here's a video for calibrating the system:

pretty cool.

DaveCampbell

Mar 24, 2015, 9:18:08 AM3/24/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com
i'd prefer it to be used for a VR Sandbox (Sarndbox).  i'm reviewing all the pieces required - and it seems the hardest / most expensive component would be the projector.
http://idav.ucdavis.edu/~okreylos/ResDev/SARndbox/

i can also probably provide an older dell desktop for the dedicated workstation - but they suggest an i7 and dedicated nvidia graphics card - don't think it has that.

Doug Mangels

Mar 24, 2015, 1:12:42 PM3/24/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com
i have an old i5 laptop, but it has a poo-poo radeon card and needs a new battery.
i've replaced the LCD screen, so it has that!

i've tried using it for using a Kinect and FARO SCENECT 3D scanning setup, but it didn't work all that well.
Would get partial scans...then crash. didn't have the patience to debug.

I would say lets give it a shot.

ref:

Brian Wagner

Mar 24, 2015, 6:40:13 PM3/24/15
to LVL1 - Louisville's MakerSpace
As the starter of this thread, I really want to be part of it.  Unfortunately I am currently overwhelmed with a grad school class I am taking.  I can help in May... but don't wait on me.

Brian