python guru??

bruce

Mar 8, 2018, 1:38:17 PM3/8/18
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Hey.

Long shot. Any python OG here?? I've got a test using
python/chromedriver (headless) and selenium. The test code is used to
fetch content from a target site. Simple curl/wget isn't used as the
target site has dynamic javascript, so the headless browser has to be
used. The test system is Centos.

The process "sort of" works.. but slowwwww.. Others have complained of
slow operational performance with sel/py/chrome as well.

The goal is to be able to fetch lots/10s of pages consistently in a
reasonable timeframe.

If you have serious skills and want to make some extra cash for a
quick look/test let's talk.

thanks

-bruce

Ben Hibben

Mar 9, 2018, 8:12:42 AM3/9/18
to lvl1
The Hat may be able to help you out; if you can stop by tonight for Movie Night you may be able to pick his brain.

Blenster

-bruce

Matt B.

Mar 12, 2018, 10:36:52 PM3/12/18
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Why chrome over phantomjs?

bruce

Mar 12, 2018, 11:33:16 PM3/12/18
to lv...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 10:36 PM, Matt B. <mbu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Why chrome over phantomjs?

Hey Matt

Centos7 -- chrome is headless, phatomjs is no longer supported due to chrome/selenium performance

As I recall, phantomjs also used an older version of webkit.