Free perfumery education class

Amy

Dec 16, 2017, 12:39:36 AM12/16/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
There is a free online class to learn perfumery on this website:

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose the free version of the Foundation Online Course.

I have been taking the course and I am on the second lesson.   I have found it informative and, best of all, free!

Amy

Dec 23, 2017, 10:42:08 PM12/23/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I have been working on this free perfumery course and it is really good! I am in section 8 now and have not had any problems with being asked for a fee. Seems to be legit free of charge. It would be great for children if they are interested in perfumes because there are some activities for children included in the sections. One of the activities was making something out of paper mache if I remember correctly, for example.

Amy

Dec 23, 2017, 10:54:52 PM12/23/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Another source of free perfume making tutorials is from Karen Gilbert on youtube. I found these free tutorials to be good for beginners.

https://www.youtube.com/user/howtomakeperfume

She has a book about perfumes that is helpful as well. Called "Perfume" by Karen Gilbert

She has some different tutorials online and in person for a fee which are very expensive that she advertises on her website.

I have been looking into books from the library and other free or low-cost sources of information and will post more here if I find any.

Amy

Dec 23, 2017, 11:31:12 PM12/23/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
This is a free online digital trade journal on fragrance chemistry that looks informative:

http://www.perfumerflavorist.com

There is an archive of their articles back until 1976!

Amy

Dec 24, 2017, 1:11:19 AM12/24/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Podcast with renowned American perfumer Mandy Aftel:

http://www.perfumerflavorist.com/fragrance/application/finefrag/Podcast-History-of-Perfume-With-Mandy-Aftel--459331423.html

I thought this intimate interview would be interesting to some people because she says she rarely lets people into her workshop though she has written several books.

Amy

Dec 27, 2017, 10:29:55 PM12/27/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace