Guitardis videos now posted to Youtube

Gary Flispart

Aug 21, 2015, 1:17:30 AM8/21/15
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I have uploaded two videos to Youtube about the Guitardis I unveiled at Tuesday's meeting.  I haven't gotten around to any further writeup to either the LVL1 Wiki or Hackaday yet.  I hope to do that soon.

Slideshow of how it was made:

image

Preview by Yahoo

Demonstration that it plays like any other acoustic guitar:

image

Preview by Yahoo

I finally had the nerve to look up "Guitardis" on Google (I did independently think up the pun, and I avoided Google while designing it to prevent undue influence) -- yes, other people had a similar idea.  HOWEVER, some were fake, some were electric bodies (basically a block of wood with electronics inserted) and the one acoustic I found was done by painting an existing guitar blue and putting a Tardis frame on the face.  It looks like I could still have made the first "from scratch" acoustic Guitardis.

Jose Cabrera

Aug 26, 2015, 2:51:01 PM8/26/15
to lv...@googlegroups.com

Gary's guitardis got a mention on HACKADAY.  It is in the hackaday links: August 23, 2015.

LVL1 is mentioned.

Congratulations.
You are now one of the published.