Looking for someone that can Tig weld stainless

justin vasher

Aug 22, 2016, 3:29:24 PM8/22/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Is anyone is the group experienced in tig welding stainless, I have some small parts that need to be welded and I am looking for a go to person. I used to have a mig set up but have no experience with tig. if interested, message me and we can discuss further.

Ben Hibben

Aug 22, 2016, 3:53:40 PM8/22/16
to lvl1
Posting pictures of the parts might be helpful.

I think we have 1 or 2 tig welders in our community.

Blenster

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 2:06 PM, justin vasher <jdva...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is anyone is the group experienced in tig welding stainless, I have some small parts that need to be welded and I am looking for a go to person. I used to have a mig set up but have no experience with tig. if interested, message me and we can discuss further.

Greg Miller

Aug 23, 2016, 9:18:27 AM8/23/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I can teach you how to TIG weld and you can do it yourself. If you're
looking for professional grade results, I can't help you. If you just
want to make two things stick together "pretty good", then it's not that
hard to learn, especially if you already know how to MIG weld. After
that, it's just a matter of putting in the time to get the results that
are good enough for what you want.

David Ortiz-Grob

Aug 23, 2016, 9:57:31 AM8/23/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I can Tig weld reasonably well but the member who had loaned the space his TIG machine has since removed it.